Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Guess how much  (Read 4657 times)

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: Guess how much
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 10:55:38 am »
I greatly suspect with vets that if they know you have insurance they ramp up the costs, it was the same when i went to get my back done privately, once they knew we were paying for it ourselves and not by insurance the price became substantially more reasonable, so insurance is a doubledged sword if you have to pay a big excess.
mandy :pig:

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 11:24:59 am »
ask you vet for a prescription then buy it online! That is daylight robbery :o :o >:(
Incidentally, what is the name of the cream? you can get most things (ointment wise) off prescription if you get the generic rather than the named.
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 11:52:38 am »
'Sudocreme' is an excellent product for some conditions - it  is an over-the-counter medicated cream aimed primarily at the treatment of nappy rash.  It contains a water-repellent base (consisting of oils / waxes); protective and emollient agents; antibacterial and anti-fungal agents; and a weak anaesthetic. It can also be used to treat eczema, bedsores, acne, minor burns and sores and minor wounds.

Whether it would help anal ulceration I really don't know, but it's widely used by dog owners, certainly worth a try.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 04:39:50 pm »
The cream is more likely to be cyclosporine based which suppresses the immune system in this area. Furunculosis is a serious condition which needs hit hard over a long period by these medications ( sometimes needing cyclosporine in tablet form too ) to have any chance of settling it.

It is very expensive even from the Internet and is prescription only. May be worth checking it out and buying this way if your vet will give a prescription. There are many unscrupulous dealers of animal medications on the net due to uk costs so do your homework before buying  :thumbsup:

Atopic a is the most frequently used.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS