Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Smallholding sitting service  (Read 4047 times)

ASSIST ACS

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Shropshire
Smallholding sitting service
« on: November 04, 2012, 05:28:11 pm »
  :wave:Hello folks. I have followed various posts on sitting services for smallholders and owners with domestic farm livestock. I wanted members to know that if those services offered by Pippa's Smallholding Sitting Service are not available because Pippa or her fellow sitters are fully booked or are not able to help for another reason e.g. illness, member can contact myself at Assist Animal Care Services. I cover Shropshire, all the neighbouring counties and the Wales / England border, especially the Offas Dyke area, Powys, Denbighshire, Flintshire down to Monmouthshire.  The daughter of a farm vet, I have provided sitting and relief staffing /care of smallholdings and domestic premises for many years on a part time basis. On 1st November, having got some new qualifications I decided to go full time by adding a complementary Ofsted registered child care service (in the family home).   Thus smallholders or other families with domestic livestock as pets AND children could engage one person (me!) to look after both f they needed a mobile animal carer and nanny, knowing I was competent, qualified and insured for animal care and child care, for a single fee.  I also offer house sitting for owners who need the property, grounds, gardens, vegetable plots etc looking after in their absence who may have neither animals or children.   Yvette Greasley.  Email: info@assistyg.co.uk.  Website: www.assistyg.co.uk
Yvette

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
Re: Smallholding sitting service
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 07:56:01 pm »
I'm in the midlands close to walsall got chooks ducks rabbits and hope to get goats soon.. Not a smallholding but backyard don't know if u do that but will keep u in mind when it's holiday time

Hollycross

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Dolau
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 11:04:53 pm »
Great idea! will keep your details to hand now to look after my  :dog: :chook: :cat:

Bec

ASSIST ACS

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Shropshire
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 11:43:22 am »
Hello Carl - yes to your enquiry about availability of a sitting service for small collection of animals in a "backyard" in Walsall area.  Happy to talk to you sometime when you are ready to take a break or need to go away for any other reason.  Details of my Assist Animal Care Services can be found on www.assistanimalcareservices.co.uk or via my umbrella home page www.assistyg.co.uk (I provide Ofsted registered child care or mobile nanny services too if people need help with animals AND the children!  Sitting or relief care services are available to any household in Shropshire and all the neighbouring counties.
Yvette

Pel

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 11:24:47 pm »
Just catching up on this site.

I've spoken to Yvette and she has a lot of confidence, and seems quite knowledgable with domestic animals.

I'm just adding in though that whilst she does smallholding sitting service, Her business isnt through me/attached to me.
As I tend to advertise under the same thread title, but we sit different areas with some over lap (which I think is great :) )

p.s. At present I've stopped my business, may be looking to diversify/only sit within a 20mile radius of my postcode, due son starting nursery.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 11:29:20 pm by Pel »
Love pigs; their language, intelligence, and taste.
NPTC in chainsaws (felling small trees) and HND in Agriculture with countryside management.
Farming it runs through the blood :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS