Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What a wonderful day!  (Read 3326 times)

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
What a wonderful day!
« on: June 01, 2009, 07:09:25 am »
Hello everyone,
First day of June and I have been sitting in the garden enjoying the early summer sun and my first coffee fix of the day - the birds are singing and the animals are grazing peacefully in the top fields, I can hear the pigs snoring (a bit like the rumble of distant thunder) and the chucks and ducks are making 'let me out of this pen' noises, but not any sound of human activity anywhere - can there really be a better place than the countryside on a fresh summers day - I think not!

Just thought I'd share that thought, have a great day everyone.

Regards, Farmer

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Re: What a wonderful day!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 08:16:52 am »
It certainly is a wonderful day!  I can't believe just how lucky I am to have found this beautiful place.....I have to keep pinching myself to make sure it isn't a dream!  It's certainly a big change from the Thames Valley where I was before.

The brown trout were introduced into the lake yesterday, they started 'jumping' very quickly so it seems there are happy in there.

So now I have 1 basset hound, 20 hens, 3 GOS piggies, 50 brown trout, 1 husband and two teenage boys......Guess who is the easiest to look after!?!

Have a fantastic day everyone.
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:19:25 am »
It's a scorcher here on the west coast! Again!!

The only draw back is that we are clipping sheep today and I don't want to be stuck in the shed with 200 sheep and lambs.

I want to be on the beach!!!

sandy

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 09:15:03 am »
When I went out to feed the chickens everywhere smelt so nice, it made me tingle, now I am slowly, very slowly getting ready for the day, would love to be out painting my fence and shed but I am expecting lot's of phone calls and enquiries, never mind, I at least can cool off if I need to ;D

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 11:03:38 am »
I'm, stuck at work! I havent got a free range job! but had a lovely weekend spraying the pigs with the hose, creosoting my broody shed! watch oh erect the pvc shed for the hens (give up fighting red mite) had bbq and emjoyed the sun! ;D

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 05:07:35 pm »
 I live at the seaside but can't go on the beach just now because of my broken feet. It's the very devil apparently if you get sand in your pot! So here I am watching the other half putting up his new greenhouse. It's been 3 days and counting.

sandy

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 05:52:22 pm »
Hi Sheila, how on earth did you break both feet? It must be both painfull and imobilising, get better soon, made me chuckle as my idea of a pot must be different to yours and some sand in it would be OK!!! ;)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 06:07:54 pm »
I have just heard that the Cairngorms Ski Centre has reopend this week as they have the weather conditions for it. Unbelievebale????

sandy

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 09:29:55 pm »
Has it been snowing loads then, I know that 3 years ago there were a lot of properties in the cairgorms for sale to do with the ski industry.

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 09:33:25 pm »
 At last! I have had my pot removed from my broken foot so can go back to being independant. Yippee. Shops without the other half!

sandy

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 09:40:30 pm »
Great news for you trouble is you will still be vulnerable and people will not know you havea ad foot, at least with a cast people know not to tread on it!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS