Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted please, electric fencing stuff; Somerset  (Read 4462 times)

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
Wanted please, electric fencing stuff; Somerset
« on: November 03, 2012, 03:18:38 pm »
Hi all, anyone got any lekky fencing supplies they will be wanting to sell (cheapish :eyelashes: ) please?
I have the energisers, but am needing posts and line?
I can buy new if not, but would rather reuse and put some pennies in a fellow TASers pockets :thumbsup:

Thankies in advance :-*
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
Re: Wanted please, electric fencing stuff; Somerset
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 03:28:10 pm »
Shame you are so far away... Would cost more to send it down there than buying it new!

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 04:09:05 pm »
Yes, I fear that would be a bit of a trek! ;D
thanks anyway :-*
It's not water into wine
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Mel

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 09:47:46 am »
Hi all, anyone got any lekky fencing supplies they will be wanting to sell (cheapish :eyelashes: ) please?
I have the energisers, but am needing posts and line?
I can buy new if not, but would rather reuse and put some pennies in a fellow TASers pockets :thumbsup:

Thankies in advance :-*

Which post's and line are you looking for Collie? I have the white 1"-2" tape,may have some rope type too,I do have some of those green plastic post's with the spike to the bottom.What size area do you need to cover? :)

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 11:15:45 am »
To be honest anything except the tall cattle single wire posts would be useful!
Tape is good as a visual, and I back it up with strands of wire in front.
The area i am needing to use whilst putting in permanent fencing is 4.5 acres. I don't need to fence the whole lot but I like to have a section in use and at least one ready to move the sheeples on to on a whim ;D
My grass seems to go... looking good, looking good, looking good, GONE overnight :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:
May I ask if you have anything suitable  :eyelashes: :eyelashes: :eyelashes: :eyelashes: :D

Thank you :-*
It's not water into wine
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Hollycross

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Dolau
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 11:01:46 pm »
Hello  :) , I have metres of the orange netting electric stuff but has holes in where had to cut sheep out, you are welcome to it for £50, cost hundreds new.

Bec

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 11:26:12 pm »
Many thanks but I have netting already and If it has holes cut in it is a bugger to repair but thank you for thinking of me :hug:

Ps it's also £60 for 50 meters at Mole Valley if ever you need some new ;)
It's not water into wine
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Mel

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 11:37:08 am »
The area i am needing to use whilst putting in permanent fencing is 4.5 acres. I don't need to fence the whole lot but I like to have a section in use and at least one ready to move the sheeples on to on a whim ;D
My grass seems to go... looking good, looking good, looking good, GONE overnight :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:
May I ask if you have anything suitable  :eyelashes: :eyelashes: :eyelashes: :eyelashes: :D

Golly,I don't think I have that much,I shall check,as far as post's are concerned I have some of these-in the link,I don't know how many 10-20 maybe 30,you are welcome to them if you pay the courier cost,I would not charge you for packing,I have a couple of rolls-not complete rolls of the wire/rope type.I shall go and check what I have. bbs.

xx

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rutland-Economy-Green-Electric-Fenceing-Post-10-Pack-/140795597934?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20c812546e

Mel

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 11:56:05 am »

Golly,I don't think I have that much,I shall check,as far as post's are concerned I have some of these-in the link,I don't know how many 10-20 maybe 30,you are welcome to them if you pay the courier cost,I would not charge you for packing,I have a couple of rolls-not complete rolls of the wire/rope type.I shall go and check what I have. bbs.

xx

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rutland-Economy-Green-Electric-Fenceing-Post-10-Pack-/140795597934?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20c812546e

I just checked what I originally purchased and it was these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Fence-Fencing-20mm-Tape-Twin-Pack-/360314726254?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item53e46e676e

I Only ever used one roll so have a complete one available,they worked out at £14.00 each inc p&p that's for 200 metres.-shall check the rope wire in a moment.

Mel

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 05:37:41 pm »

xx

I just checked what I originally purchased and it was these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Fence-Fencing-20mm-Tape-Twin-Pack-/360314726254?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item53e46e676e

I Only ever used one roll so have a complete one available,they worked out at £14.00 each inc p&p that's for 200 metres.-shall check the rope wire in a moment.
I have actually found two rolls of the wire rope type-though there is not much left on one.
Pm me if you are interested.

Mel

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 11:02:45 am »
By the way,There are 25 of the green post's. welcome to have a deal for the lot including tape,wire etc.what's it worth,they are already reasonably cheap new,£20 ish including P&P,I have not had a response yet from previous post's?! I am only trying to help  :) :thumbsup:

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 02:00:02 pm »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* Sorry I forgot to come back and check :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Will pm you now ;D
It's not water into wine
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS