Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: kingnigel  (Read 5747 times)

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
    • Zabalaz Siberian Huskies
kingnigel
« on: May 30, 2009, 03:19:34 pm »
hi all
quick intro
im nigel, very new to this so i will have stacks of questions, my garden is quite large but wasted at the moment, also have a small piece of land planted with willow and poplar (9 acres)  that i need to make more use off.
sorry for this but get ready for the questions as i have just become unemployed so i have far too much spare time
kn

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: kingnigel
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 04:03:34 pm »
Hi Nigel, Welcome to the forum.  Sorry to hear about losing your job - a lot of it about just now.  What did you do?  tell us a bit about yourself and your family, and put yourself on the members map.
I've been widowed for 6 years, moved to Central Scotland from Aberdeenshire on request of kids and grandkids and LOVE it here!  Like you I have a large garden, mostly in grass and is wasted, but not quite sure what I want to do with it.  Don't think I can have animals other than the ducks and chickens, 4 dogs and 2 cats as I have near neighbours.  It's roasting here today so have come in to cool off.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 04:19:12 pm »
hi doganjo
im 44 married no kids and never wanted any lucky for me nor did the wife,
12 dogs, all on www.zabalaz.co.uk, my website, hope im allowed to put that on if not just remove it.
was a machine setter/operator, also ex miner, im in the gainsborough area, if ive missed anything just ask again
kn

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 04:38:06 pm »
Wow! some team!  I trained with the GSP club (gundog training) at Culben Forest before I came down here and one week there was a racing meet - iditarod type sleds with wheels.  It looked great fun and the dogs were so excited.  Hope losing your job won't affect the dogs.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 05:12:15 pm »
i was probably up at culbin racing
the only effect on the dogs is that i have even more time for them, even if the weather is too hot to train
kn
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 05:45:07 pm by kingnigel »

HappyHippy

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 09:23:03 am »
Welcome to the forum - what beautiful dogs  ;D
Look forward to hearing more from you

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 09:44:46 am »
Welcome to the group, Might be a little late this year to start any veg off but you could do plenty of planning and digging , but if it's the livestock you want anytime of the year is okay for them :)

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 11:24:12 am »
hi thanks for the welcome
happyhippy - yep they are beautiful but i would say that i am biased, thanks anyway
fluffywelshsheep - not sure what we will be doing yet so i have some questions after i get through reading other posts, i would like to keep chickens and a couple of pigs but i have yet to convince my wife, i was hoping the pigs would clear the land for us and fertilize it before filling our plate. we will have to see
kn

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 12:59:02 pm »
yup, the pigs would clear the land certainly, but watch that wife of yours - she may become too attached to them to eat them  ;) ;D ;D ;D
That's why I only have hens for eggs, and veggies. >:(

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 02:20:37 pm »
you have found why she is objecting already but i think with our other 12 babies to look after she could be too busy to get all mummsy with the pigs, i would also have to say i am also a soft touch so we are still only thinking about our next move.
kn

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 09:11:04 pm »
What beautiful dogs. They look like they are real characters.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 09:05:40 am »
Hi and welcome, pigs in woods is very traditional, tamworths would work well. 

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 10:23:08 am »
hi
rosemary, they are and they rule our lives but thats ok we like it that way.

hilarysmum, our land is about 9 miles away with the trees so we would want the pigs here at home.
kn

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 06:45:15 am »
Ah yes!  Long way to go to round up escapees.

spitfire

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 07:59:51 pm »
Hi Kingnigel, .
don't know if I'm missing something -everyone keeps talking about 'the great escape' but we've had our girls (weaner pigs) for 2 months now and they haven't escaped once- or do they just like it in their corner of the field too much to even contemplate a break out...? have I just jinxed myself????
we're trying not to become too attached to the pigs- they have been named by the children after alot of thought-
before I get moaned at they are called
sausage, burger and apple sauce!

welcome to the forum!

Lynne

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS