Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Excited & inspired spinner  (Read 10478 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Excited & inspired spinner
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 11:54:46 pm »
I've been spinning for about a year and a half although I didn't practice enough to start with so I'm still not that good. Atm I am spinning a Llanwenog fleece into a chunky yarn to knit myself a big jumper.

I haven't tried dyeing yet although I did buy a starter kit when I was at Wonderwool the year before last. I do want to have a go though.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2015, 03:04:29 am »
I have just started spinning silk. Only spun a few inches so far and its not easy. I broke the thread and you can't join it in in the same way as you do wool because it doesn't cling. . Hmmm, not sure how I am going to get on with this.
I am spinning from a silk cap that I bought at wonderwool.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2015, 11:11:52 pm »
I have some silk handkerchiefs but I want to just spin a bit in with some fleece to add colour.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2015, 09:51:01 am »
I have some silk handkerchiefs but I want to just spin a bit in with some fleece to add colour.
Lesley are you going to combine the fleece and silk before you spin or afterwards. I am spinning my silk and am now wondering how to incorporate it into something already spun.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 10:14:33 pm »
I thought I'd card it with the fleece. There's not a lot so it will just make a tiny splash of colour at intervals.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS