Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: All sold.  (Read 3862 times)

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
All sold.
« on: October 21, 2012, 04:58:56 pm »
Well our ESS pups are now 6 1/2  weeks old and very playful to say the least. It's a bit of a game keeping one step ahead of them. No sooner have I done one run than they outgrow it and I need to come up with something else.
All are sold and the new owners are looking forward to having them. I'm pleased to say 2 have gone to people who knew the bitch and had a pup on the strength of what they've seen in her. One is off to go shooting on the South Downs and has been taken on the strength of a video showing Mum working,  I'm really pleased that she'll be on a shoot.
We're keeping Peggie and the last one is going as an out and out pet, just as well because he's a bit of a softie who likes a cuddle.
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: All sold.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 05:01:42 pm »
Dad was very taken with them when they came to buy your Ryeland :thumbsup: Mind you, good job he didn't succumb, they've got four dogs already  :D

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 07:57:13 pm »
Glad he liked them, it was nice to see him looking so well.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 08:51:05 pm »
Thanks, yes he's mending well. Slower and more out of breath than before but still sheep wrestling  ;D

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 10:47:00 pm »
Well with Ryelands he won't have half as much chasing to do as with rough fells, one of my neighbours on our field is like a blasted racehorse.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 09:37:25 am »
Can I ask where you advertised them Moleskins? Long time since I've had to advertise any of mine but people keep asking me.  I don't really know what's best to advise. Sounds like it's great homes you got for them, i'm sure they'll do well.
Annie
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 05:05:41 pm »
Most gundogs (well spaniels anyway - I don't know what goes on in the world of labs) round here seem to be sold on word of mouth before they are ever advertised.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 09:15:20 pm »
That's why I was asking, a friend had lab pups and another cockers, and they wondered where to advertise them.  Like you say, my Brittanys are preordered before I mate my bitch
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 05:33:26 pm »
Most gundogs (well spaniels anyway - I don't know what goes on in the world of labs) round here seem to be sold on word of mouth before they are ever advertised.
I'm pretty sure that would be the case here too, I told the guy who has the shoot we beat on but he's notorious for forgetting to do things so I doubt he passed the word on. His favourite trick is to brief all the beaters and then by the time we get into position we had at least two changes of plan  ;D [size=78%] [/size]Hence I decided to advertise, the chap who's having the pup responded in about an hour and a half so it did work extremely quickly.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »
Was that in the local press, Moleskins?  Or did you use any of the Internet sites?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS