Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Selling frontline  (Read 7389 times)

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
Selling frontline
« on: October 15, 2012, 04:54:04 pm »
Arghhh, can't find anything anywhere, anyone know what certification you need to sell frontline?

I've asked frontline but they haven't got back to me yet

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Selling frontline
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 05:21:55 pm »
Distribution categories for veterinary medicinal products:

Distribution categories provide controls on the sale and supply of veterinary medicines to ensure that appropriate advice is given at the point of sale so that products can be used safely and effectively. The distribution category of a veterinary medicinal product is decided by scientific assessors at the VMD following evaluation of the application dossier for granting a marketing authorisation. It may be changed following assessment of an application by the marketing authorisation holder, who submits safety and efficacy and pharmacovigilance data in support of this change.

The current legal distribution categories for veterinary medicines are:

POM-V (prescription only medicine - veterinarians): prescribed by a veterinary surgeon and supplied by a veterinary surgeon or a pharmacist against a veterinary surgeon's prescription;
POM-VPS (prescription only medicine - veterinary surgeons, pharmacists and Suitably Qualified Persons (SQP)): prescribed by a veterinary surgeon, a pharmacist or a SQP and supplied by these professionals;
NFA-VPS (non-food animal - veterinary surgeons, pharmacists and SQPs): no prescription required - supplied by a veterinary surgeon, a pharmacist or a SQP;
AVM-GSL (authorised veterinary medicine - general sales list): no prescription required - can be supplied by any retailer.

Pretty sure Frontline is a VPS medicine, since I can't buy it from my feedstore when the Suitably Qualified Person isn't there

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 06:02:54 pm »
Frontline is NFA-VPS. I'm not sure about frontline combo, it may be different.

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 07:00:38 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Knew I could rely on you, thanks, everything I need and more

RaisinHall Tamworths

• Joined May 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 08:49:15 pm »
Frontline Combo is POM  :)

deepinthewoods

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 08:51:43 pm »
lots of supermarket chemists stock frontline.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 09:06:03 pm »
Thats the normal frontline , the frontline combo and the bottles of spray are only on prescription
Graham

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 09:14:41 pm »
Bob Martin now do a range with exactly the same ingredients as frontline but they've licenced it differently so you can buy it without an SQP having to "prescribe" it.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 09:15:49 pm »
Thats the normal frontline , the frontline combo and the bottles of spray are only on prescription

op asked about 'frontline' not frontline combo or spray. :)

Mel

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 10:05:41 pm »
I have put this link in a previous post,frontline Combo cannot be purchased within the Uk without a prescription-or this is how I understand it.However,there is a way around it,I buy mine from the link below with no problems whatsoever.

The basic frontline is rather weak and does not always work where the Combo is stronger.Unfortunately within the UK we are led to believe we have to pay for everything through the nose!

I hope this helps,this is also perfectly legal.

http://www.leguidesante.co.uk/?o_link=confirm_order

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 07:33:10 am »
As a vet nurse I can tell you that the Bob Martins stuff is NOT the same as Frontline! The ingredient is licensed as VPS so pharmacy, vet or SQP can prescribe it. Its not off the shelf, it may have SOME of the ingredient in it but not enough to need VPS status so wont work (like ALL of their products!)- some BM products KILL animals!!! seen it many times over!

Frontline Combo is the same as Frontline, it just has an added insect growth regulator in it. So the eggs can't hatch so stops environmental problem (90% of flea life cycle in the environment!), so its not weaker.

Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

Mel

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 07:19:30 pm »
As a vet nurse I can tell you that the Bob Martins stuff is NOT the same as Frontline! The ingredient is licensed as VPS so pharmacy, vet or SQP can prescribe it. Its not off the shelf, it may have SOME of the ingredient in it but not enough to need VPS status so wont work (like ALL of their products!)- some BM products KILL animals!!! seen it many times over!

Frontline Combo is the same as Frontline, it just has an added insect growth regulator in it. So the eggs can't hatch so stops environmental problem (90% of flea life cycle in the environment!), so its not weaker.

Easy Tigerrrrr! so the standard frontline is minus an ingredient as in combo,minus-weaker? kind of,just saying,you know. Sorry,I should have rephrased it as the combo works better  ;)

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 07:43:15 pm »
Hi!  :wave:
Just reread my post, sorry its a bit strong! Didn't mean to be so ranty! Just had a bad day! Must read before I post in future.
Sorry!
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

Mel

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 07:44:50 pm »

Hi!  :wave:
Just reread my post, sorry its a bit strong! Didn't mean to be so ranty! Just had a bad day! Must read before I post in future.
Sorry!
guilty too :hug: :hug:

princesspiggy

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 08:09:15 pm »
we can buy frontline from our harbros now since the last yr or so. but before that it had to bought from vet.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS