Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Luxury  (Read 10137 times)

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
Re: .
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 06:51:34 pm »
Sadly , i have reached the age where if i get 'that' feeling i may have wet myself , then i quite probably have !
:roflanim: Yuk!  but remember it goes cold after a while! then you have to walk bandy legged! :innocent: :innocent:

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Re: Luxury
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 07:25:35 pm »
Too busy to wee - wear a nappy and keep on the go, will keep you cosy in winter (  ;D  )
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 08:40:33 pm »
Luxury is a boot room to leave the wet clothes in, and a warm bathroom to retire to afterwards.
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 09:22:50 pm »
I'm thinking of putting a wood bun er in the middle of the barn as well as old set ti for lambing and hens

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 10:06:21 pm »
I'm sure the hens will really appreciate having a comfy settee and woodburner for cozy nights in - makes my hen coops sound a bit rough  :D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2012, 10:13:57 pm »
We changed our plastic toilet seats for wooden ones - much warmer.  Now I have to have the raised ones, we're back to plastic and they are cold.  No, one is cold.  the other is FREEZING. 

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2012, 10:15:51 pm »
well jay kay iv had a new roof on the barn iv also double glazed the hen houses and do ores so just making life a bit easier you no haw it is hopping to get some eggs from you next spring .The pilgrim geese i hatched have done well iv also got east of England geese hope alls well  :wave:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 10:32:00 pm »
New roof and double glazing sound excellent, as you say, might as well make life easier where it can be made  :thumbsup:

You're welcome to eggs VF, all things being equal I'll set up my breeding pens in March so should have pure hatching eggs by April. I need to buy some more Buff Sussex pullets though, I'm down to only one hen and a cock. Plenty of Wyandottes, Marans and Cream Legbars  :)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 03:43:35 am »
My 'new to me' car has heated seats. Oh, the relaxation on a sore back when the heat starts to kick in  ;D

And I thought my heated wing mirrors were the utmost in luxury... 8)
Ah, it hasn't got those  :)

err.... are you sure?  BH didn't realise he had them on his pickup until I came along - the rear window is internal in the pickup, and the dogs smear the front window of the rear pickup compartment so you can't see out of the rear window of the cab in any case, so he never used the rear demist so never realised that it also demisted the wing mirrors.  :roflanim:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 05:29:20 pm »

And I thought my heated wing mirrors were the utmost in luxury... 8)

Ah, it hasn't got those  :)

err.... are you sure?  BH didn't realise he had them on his pickup until I came along - the rear window is internal in the pickup, and the dogs smear the front window of the rear pickup compartment so you can't see out of the rear window of the cab in any case, so he never used the rear demist so never realised that it also demisted the wing mirrors.  :roflanim:

What is is with dogs and their need to leave nose prints all over car windows.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: .
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 08:37:39 pm »
Sadly , i have reached the age where if i get 'that' feeling i may have wet myself , then i quite probably have !

:roflanim:

bangbang

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 06:18:07 am »
Someone should design a toilet roll dispenser that heats the paper as you pull
it out!  :idea:

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 08:20:58 am »
Someone should design a toilet roll dispenser that heats the paper as you pull
it out!  :idea:
It makes the ink run.....

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 09:24:03 am »
The hi-tec Japanese loo does away with the need for loo roll, at the expense of some complexity

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/Modern_japanese_toilet.jpg/220px-Modern_japanese_toilet.jpg
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 12:49:01 pm »
heated loo paper?  heated loo seats?  You might as well get the computer in there and never come out of your 'office' you southern softies!  We've got 2 garden loos which are composting ones - bit of sawdust on the top of your contribution  :garden:  and hey presto, it's odour free for the next in the queue. Makes you feel warmer in winter if you go outside and then come back in again! :cold: 
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS