Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 2013 foals  (Read 4490 times)

rbarlo32

• Joined May 2010
2013 foals
« on: October 12, 2012, 09:52:45 pm »
Hello, just wondering if anyone else has any foals due next year, I have one I know for sure is in foal and another ran with the same stallion that I am pretty sure isn't in foal.
So here are the parents to be
The expecting mum Muness Mara
Not very in foal

155 days infoal

And now the lovely stallion
Enrique of St Ninian

And the potential foal to be pegigree  http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/foal

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: 2013 foals
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 11:09:58 am »
Don't breed anymore due to my health but I do miss having foals about the place. Its always exciting when a new one is born. I spent weeks thinking of names. I have a rising 2 year old colt to show next year a rising black 3 year old to put throw his VVE to be a Stallion and my chestnut Stallion to sell so that will keep me busy enough. Vinnie has gone on loan again to a friend who will be breaking him to ride and show under saddle next summer. he will also be running with her mares. I stayed away from the Shetland Pony sale as I know I would have bought more foals to bring on. Just hate seeing babies at the sales.

rbarlo32

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 12:10:44 pm »
We have two new additions from Lerwick, a yearling filly I did a hell of a lot of work with for a neighbour, got her from never been toached to tamed, leading and picking up feet in about four week and then we baught a lovely colt foal for a friend for the stallion as te other boys are too mean to him, he will be gelded in spring and when he is old enough hopefully broken to ride and drive.  Then on monday I came very close to bidding on another colts foal but didn't becuase if I brought him home I would have been shot.

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 03:32:00 pm »
Haven't bred for 3yrs,the markets not right for enough good homes

rbarlo32

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 03:44:04 pm »
That is why it is just the two that ran with him, we have just enough room to keep the foal if it doesn't sell, though there are a few people intrested doubt they will buy it mind you.

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 09:30:29 pm »
i have a foal due not to sure when the filly sec d was dumbed on me had vet blood test her as she looked in foal and she is will post some pics (get daughter to) ive now owned her since june she has had the vet out 4 times due to a horrid sarcoid on her inside back leg but is doing well despite only being 2 and going have her own baby any time from dec -may

rbarlo32

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 04:47:17 pm »
Poor baby girl two is far too young to be having a foal, good luck with her,  Mara is rising 5 and this will be her first and probably last foal if it is just one foal because she already is HUGE and looks like she us about to pop she is very depressed and struggling to keep up wig the others so I have resided that if she is just having the one foal she isn't going back infoal.

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 06:22:56 pm »
i agree with you 2 is far to young , she was also well under weight with thrush on all her feet and mites and lice when i got her she now looks so much better not sure if she will make the height to stay a section d as her early years have been hard on her she is well big but vet has said only one foal just unsure on when she will have it she is stabled all the time as she jumbed the fences at the livery and they wont allow her out anymore so trying to give her enough exercise is hard but i do my best for her just need to get this sarcoid gone then she will be much better lol

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 09:01:33 pm »
No Foals here, the Donkey foal this year was enough to last us a life time  ::)
we bought a yearling and a 2yr old full sister donkeys in july last year and 2 became 3 in may this year when the 2yr old gave birth
Graham

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 11:41:33 pm »
Our Fell mare had a colt this year, but she is not put back in foal.  I think a lot of breeders have deliberately not bred this year, due to the poor market.  Will see how things are next Spring, and make a decision then.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 10:28:36 pm »
wise.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS