Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: so, how did it go in FORFAR ? !!!!!!!!!  (Read 6220 times)

bangbang

Re: so, how did it go in FORFAR ? !!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 10:18:05 pm »
I am soooo shattered today.. and I didn't even organise anything.... Good turn-out and my girls certainly improved the state of their piggy banks with the prize money they won in the goat section.
We really did enjoy ourselves, chatted to quite a few people and had to push a very inquisitive Shetland lamb back into her pen (several times) as she was helping herself to my goat feed... because of that (and watching the sheep judging) I didn't really get to any of the demonstrations...
hear hear for an ice cream van next year! (but the burgers were nice and there were enough chairs to sit down!
Thank you Dan & Rosemary for the idea and organisation (with all your helpers) of what surely should become an annual feature in Scotland!

I must confess Anke, I did only laugh a only a couple of times!....I was busy making sure Domino my pygmy goat kid didn't help herself to your treats too! She did escape about four times, but with the assistance from a young lady in the next pen, my little goat didn't end up in your 'naughty book'....Great day all round.. :thumbsup:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 10:51:36 pm »
I am soooo shattered today.. and I didn't even organise anything.... Good turn-out and my girls certainly improved the state of their piggy banks with the prize money they won in the goat section.
We really did enjoy ourselves, chatted to quite a few people and had to push a very inquisitive Shetland lamb back into her pen (several times) as she was helping herself to my goat feed... because of that (and watching the sheep judging) I didn't really get to any of the demonstrations...
hear hear for an ice cream van next year! (but the burgers were nice and there were enough chairs to sit down!
Thank you Dan & Rosemary for the idea and organisation (with all your helpers) of what surely should become an annual feature in Scotland!

I must confess Anke, I did only laugh a only a couple of times!....I was busy making sure Domino my pygmy goat kid didn't help herself to your treats too! She did escape about four times, but with the assistance from a young lady in the next pen, my little goat didn't end up in your 'naughty book'....Great day all round.. :thumbsup:
Well I am expecting it from a pygmy goat kid  :-J ... and not too worried that she eats goat feed, more worried about the sheep getting ill (they didn't have any hay in their pen  :-\ , not sure if they got anything else to eat)... and the sheep owners nowhere to be seen...

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:32 pm »
It seems to me, having both now, that a Shetland lamb is second only to a goat kid in innate naughtiness  :D

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 10:29:45 am »
Sounds as if you all enjoyed the experience. Hope to be next year  :thumbsup:

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2012, 05:06:31 pm »
Yes i hope we can put some show and sale stock in next yere pure breed poultry only problem i like to sell all showing stock .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS