Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Some videos for you all.  (Read 2649 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Some videos for you all.
« on: May 25, 2009, 02:47:54 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q539w6QQBpQ - stoopid rescue hens in the rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0swvP5CS1Ug - bad cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4dM5hsXlAQ - Jamie's new harem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWLssM3jP0I - How did she get up there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JiTZVj-YYk - what a good girl she isn't chasing the birds - oh, she's tied up!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Some videos for you all.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 03:16:08 pm »
Very good, I enjoyed them. Thanks

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 05:14:39 pm »
I wondered this afternoon if it had been opportune to take one of Jamie - he came as close as he could to annihilation this afternoon!  One Cockerel against three dogs don't go.  His own fault - he jumped the gate, even after me wiring it up with various bits of string and garden wire  ::) At one point all three of them had a bit of him.  Fortunately all three have soft mouths and with numerous yells of 'LEAVE' catching collars and throwing the girls in their runs, I cut it down to one - Allez.  And was he going to give up - not bloomin likely  ::)- He chased poor Jamie right across the stream to the edge of the railway line and a train was coming past right then.  Picture it - Allez in the stream barking at Jamie, me on the bank yelling at the pitch at Allez, a heavy coal train thundering past, Jamie looking up at the railway fence wondering if he could jump that high. Then he decided to leap into the stream down river of Al, in the meantime I had donned my wellies and got a lead from the hall,  came back out to find Allez on the opposite bank beside the bridge (which is pretty rotten and I wasn't sure if it would hold my weight)pinning Jamie to the floor.  My heart sank - I thought he had pegged him. Dashed across the bridge yelling still, slung the lead round Allez and grabbed my poor bird, who was bleeding from his comb - not a great deal but enough for it to trickle down his beautiful white mane. Sudden dread filled me - I had to cross that bridge again, dog lead in one hand, blooming heavy bleeding cockerel under the other arm.  I shut my eyes and went for it.  It's only four feet above a trickle of water but it seemed a forever moment!  Anyway, dropped the cockerel in his run, fighting off hundreds of hens desperate to get in on the action (well maybe 9), put Allez in his run and went for a coffee to relax with.  Came back out and that damned cockerel is back out in the garden strutting around like nothing had happened ;D ;D minus about half of his duvet though!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 05:20:36 pm »
Pity no one was round with the camera to record the fiasco ( shouldn't laugh). You would think he would have learnt his lesson would you not? I bet you got more upset than any of the beasts.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 05:40:24 pm »
Yup, I sure was - I don't cry - that's a soft thing to do, but I was bloody close to tears of anger.  These are supposed to be working gundogs - not flipping hen killers!  Arrgghhh!

sandy

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 09:00:08 am »
Sounds like you burnt up a lot of calories!!! I bet Jamie is fealing preety chuffed with himself, surviving all of that, a bit like a war hero!! Steve took Ben and Islay out last night and Ben came back with a live (nearly dead) bird, Steve took it off him but he was soft mouthed with it, he may make a gun dog but like all males, he only listens to 40% of what I say!!! ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 01:58:13 pm »
40%????  You're damned lucky!  or Steve and Ben are well trained!  ;D  How do you do it!  I'm lucky if Allez pays 10% of attention to me when there are birds about!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS