Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Borrowing a slapmarker  (Read 1557 times)

niallcook

• Joined Oct 2012
Borrowing a slapmarker
« on: October 11, 2012, 04:19:28 pm »
Hi there. First post here, so be gentle. Don't know if this is the done thing or not, but wonder if any other smallholder would be willing to lend me a slap marker for our two porkers off to slaughter mid-November. We already have the slide-in characters (5/8" or 16mm for a Cox Agri marker) so just need the hammer.

If you're in Suffolk/Norfolk, I could collect and return within a couple of days, or if you're willing to post I would reimburse postage (and obviously send it back to you).

Thanks, Niall

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: Borrowing a slapmarker
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 09:09:45 am »
I'm sorry but you wouldn't be able to do this. You need your own herd number on your pigs, someone else's won't do.
If you contact Supplies for Smallholders with your herd number they will deliver one, with ink, in a very short time and at a very reasonable price.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: Borrowing a slapmarker
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 09:12:32 am »
Do you know, I didn't read your post properly :-[  Good luck in your search, my slapper seems to have the "bits" permanently fixed. (just as well, I'd be bound to lose them ::) )

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS