Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dingwall Rare Breeds 3rd Nov  (Read 9500 times)

allyb

• Joined Sep 2011
Dingwall Rare Breeds 3rd Nov
« on: October 10, 2012, 09:37:13 pm »
Hi is anybody selling or going to Dingwall entries close on Friday 12th.Always is a good sale and variety  :)

Chris H

• Joined Oct 2011
Re: Dingwall Rare Breeds 3rd Nov
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 12:20:26 pm »
I am hoping to go.............look out chickens here I come!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 11:53:26 am »
If the weather is bad enough to stop my shed building project then I will be there, if not I will be trusting my wife to spend my money wisely.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 12:32:42 pm »
If the weather is bad enough to stop my shed building project then I will be there, if not I will be trusting my wife to spend my money wisely.

:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Love the name - used to love Oor Wullie, Fat Boab and Wee Eck and The Broons in The Sunday Post.

Cheviot

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Scottish Borders, north of Moffat
    • Hawkshaw Sheep yarn
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 01:12:47 pm »
Oh I'm sure she will  :innocent:, us women are well known for spending money wisely!!!!!!!! :pig: :chook: :cow: :dog: :goat: :horse: :sheep: :llama: :bunny: :cat:
Cheviot, Shetland and Hebridean sheep.

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 11:57:10 am »

:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Love the name - used to love Oor Wullie, Fat Boab and Wee Eck and The Broons in The Sunday Post.

When I was a kid I had a huge pair of 'tackity boots' which earned me the name at a scout camp.  Never had a metal bucket though..........must see about getting one sometime.

Birdie Wife

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 03:58:30 pm »
I'm hoping to be there  :thumbsup:

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 05:01:47 pm »
This is the last sale we use its also the time we have the bonfire and fire works for the staff on the estates its also the first of 2013 its a old sale and a good atmosphere lots of  old folk that nos the lot about stock well worth the day out il give it 8 out of 10 hope to see you pure breed poultrey . :excited:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:47:04 pm by Victorian Farmer »

allyb

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 09:30:25 pm »
Poultry catalogue now on line and looking like a good selection for sale  :)

Victorian Farmer

Birdie Wife

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 04:28:27 pm »
 :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :chook: :chook: :chook: :chook: :chook: :chook: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

I've been dreaming of chooks!! How sad am i... ?! No, don't answer that.  ;D

Chris H

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 03:36:23 pm »
This may sound daft ???  but can anyone give me a rough guide to prices for the chooks? I am sending my husband with a list to the show, what would I expect to pay for example the trio of silkies? I know (before some one points it out) that it depends on the birds, day, who else wants, but am I looking at £10 or £100 ??? ??? ???  I pay here around £15 each for Pekins and Frizzles is that normal. I do want to make sure he has enough pocket money :excited:
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 05:02:32 pm »
The birds will be good quality i think you would pay £30 to £40 for a pen the young hens heritage black rock roads £7 to £10 get younger £5 each ,The sale will have some good young hens which you could pic up for £7 or £12 

Birdie Wife

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 07:02:35 pm »
Mostly, it depends what you're prepared to pay  ;)

I usually find that the things that I really want, other people with deeper pockets want too  :rant:

Breeds that do well at the Dingwall show include RIR, Cream legbar, show quality Australorps and game birds, anything that lays a dark egg, Light Sussex and Scots Dumpies. recently it's been more of a buyer's market though, so there are bargains to be had. Just make sure you've inspected the pen and you're happy with the health of the birds. And don't bid against me, please :eyelashes:

allyb

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 07:40:31 pm »
Oh well heres hoping my Light and Speckled Sussex sell well then. Just need the livestock catalogue now and see whats going in the trailer on way home  :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS