Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Royal Norfolk Show threatening to pull all the goats classes  (Read 3102 times)

Bumblebear

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Norfolk
    • http://southwellski.blogspot.co.uk/
Royal Norfolk Show threatening to pull all the goats classes
« on: October 09, 2012, 03:59:22 pm »
Hello all - I've put this here as well as in the goats board because I wasnt sure where it should go:

I've just had a call from Diane Parker from the Norwich and District Goat Club saying that the Royal Norfolk Show are threatening to pull all the goats classes.  From what I gather the goat committee have managed to claw back a few classes and half a marquee but she is asking for goat people to please show their support and write to or email

Greg Smith, Chief Executive & Sponsorship
Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association
Norfolk Showground, Dereham Road, Norwich, NR5 0TT
Tel: 01603 731 961
greg@norfolkshowground.com

Thank you for reading!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 04:42:58 pm by Bumblebear »

kja

• Joined Oct 2012
Re: Royal Norfolk Show threatening to pull all the goats classes
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:52:17 pm »
we heard this a couple of weeks ago they want to put more rare breeds on show.

its a sad reflection on a lot of animals when we attended goat shows in the 70's the classes were huge over 30 goats in some classes now your lucky to hit double numbers.

peterborough show has also pulled the plug on goats and pigs cattle and sheep continue.
we can still learn if we are willing to listen.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 12:49:05 pm »
As i understand it The East of England show at Peterborough is switching from a 3 day show to a one day show like its sister show in the Autumn.
I also understand there will not be a county show at Hatfield next year either.
Don't know what the reasoning is but suspect weather & cost issues.
Mandy :pig:

kja

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 12:19:39 pm »
As i understand it The East of England show at Peterborough is switching from a 3 day show to a one day show like its sister show in the Autumn.
I also understand there will not be a county show at Hatfield next year either.
Don't know what the reasoning is but suspect weather & cost issues.
Mandy :pig:

the eoe will be a 3 day as usual with the emphasis on kids and food only a few sheep & cattle being shown no pigs or goats and the vintage tractors, cars & steamers have been cancelled.

hatfield show has been closed the lord sailsbury had always said in his opening speech the first year it lost money would be its last year the weather could not have been better for hatfield this year  :sunshine: all the time we were there.
we can still learn if we are willing to listen.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS