Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Possible new home???  (Read 3197 times)

PinkDelilah

• Joined Feb 2012
Possible new home???
« on: October 09, 2012, 01:59:14 pm »
We have kept and raised quite a variety of animals over the last few years whilst our children were small but we have reduced our animal count over the last wee while as our boys have become older.
We have two pet sheep and a pet pygmy goat (all about 2 and a half years old) who hang out together and are very much a wee family.  My teenage sons are now very busy with High school and all the other activities which go hand in hand with getting older and I feel like our wee sheep/goat threesome are really not getting the attention they deserve and maybe we should be contemplating looking for a new home for them. 
Really I am just putting my thoughts out there to see if anyone would even consider taking on a sheep/goat trio of 3 two year old males?!?!
We are on the west of Scotland and they would definitely need to be homed together.
(I will post this under the sheep section too!)

Chris H

• Joined Oct 2011
Re: Possible new home???
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 02:59:30 pm »
Hi, where abouts in the West of Scotland, and could you deliver? what sort of sheep as well?
We are on the Isle of Lewis and have sheep and goats, all for fun (there's and ours) as we don't eat meat. Would be interested if they could be delivered??my other half has always wanted a 'wee' goat as we have Bagots.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

PinkDelilah

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 12:31:41 pm »
Hi Chris H,
Many thanks for your interest.  We are actually just south of Oban. Lewis is quite a bit away, isn't it?!
I am afraid that I am not that sure about the breed of the sheep...texel cross comes to mind..maybe??!
They were two orphaned lambs from the farmer who rents our land for grazing his sheep.
They are not any fancy kind of breed.  If you really wanted to know the specific breed then I could contact him to ask?!
If you were still interested then I would have to discuss with my OH regarding getting them to you.
We actually were up that way last Summer and went to Lewis and Harris and Uist etc.
I suppose Oban is handy for the boat anyway!!!

Chris H

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 02:35:33 pm »
Would be more than happy to offer a home,we have plenty of land and my goats love the fact we have a bit of woodland for them to wander in.
At the moment we do not have animal transport, but if you could get them here we would be happy to offer a forever home.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 02:37:35 pm »
hello
is the pygmy male or female? wether or entire? horned or disbudded?
I am on the east coast and have 14 pygmies and am looking for pet sheep, see my post pet therapy in introductions
mojo
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

PinkDelilah

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 09:43:18 pm »
Chris H....thank you for your kind offer for rehoming our trio!
Will have a chat with my OH when we get a minute to see what his thoughts are on possibly getting the animals to Lewis.  Will let you know and thanks again.

Mojo....the pygmy goat is male, wether and horned.
Haven't had a chance to see your pet therapy post yet but do intend to check it out, thanks.

PinkDelilah

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 05:50:51 pm »
Mojo....meant to ask where about on the east coast you are?

PinkDelilah

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 04:04:23 pm »
Chris H....sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you about your kind offer but things have been very hectic here!  After discussions with my husband we concluded that Lewis is just a bit too far and difficult for us to get to so we will have to renege on your offer.  Such a shame and thank you again.

Mojo...have read your post on pet therapy and am just a little unsure whether one of our sheep would be suitable as he is quite large and can sometimes be a tad boisterous.  He may not be the best choice for the job.  The other sheep would be great as he is very laid back but I really couldn't seperate the three of them as they have been together since tiny. However, thank you also for the kind offer.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS