Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: BT Busines Broadband Problem  (Read 4367 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
BT Busines Broadband Problem
« on: May 23, 2009, 11:07:49 pm »
In December someone from BT called me and said if I agreed to keep my Broadband contract with them for another year I would get a free "dongo". I was told that this is something you stick into the side of a PC and you can tap into your own broadband, anywhere in the UK and it was FREE. Anyway, Christmas came and it was so busy then we went away for 3 weeks in January and then I forgot all about it - until almost 2 weeks ago.

I phoned them almost 2 weeks ago and asked where it was and from then have received the run around. I still have not received it nor had any satisfaction. Now out of principle I am going to plague them daily and cause a stink. Did any one else receive this offer from BT? I get so peeved off at their behaviour any every one I talk to tell me something different and for some reason they even sent me a new broadband hub which is not what I want.

sandy

Re: BT Busines Broadband Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 11:42:20 pm »
I did the same but mine was for an internet phone and it has been nothing but a nusance, they plagues me to have BT freeview type thingy where you can watch films, there was of course a cost but they gave you a free box...to  be honest I am soooooooo fed up with phone calls cold calling, I often say nothing then put the phone down, loads of calls from posibly India and some are very pushy, anyway, back to BT, I chose to stay with them as I thought they at least should know ther stuff but I am not happy either....free gift ugh!!!!

rustyme

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 12:19:05 am »
I only have the home , I think it is option 1 , BB. and each time I renew the contract I get a reasonable deal . Last time I renewed I got a Cannon Pixma MP140 all in one scanner, printer and copier , as well as a monthly discount off my bill !!. I have been very happy with the MP140 , and had very few problems with BT itself . At times when I have had to phone them up though, I have been near to breaking point , just trying to understand what was being said to me .  I had to call them once as my connection was playing up . The chap , in India somewhere, said I needed a new 220v adsl router, I ended up with four of them ...lol... for free. I even got money paid back into my account , two months BB connection I think it was. So I can't complain too much .....well not till something goes wrong anyway... ::)

cheers

Russ

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 11:46:54 am »
I have O2 broadband - my son works for them so I got staff discount but it is extremely reliable and the normal cost is £12.34 per month - and much less if you have an O2 mobile. Speed is plenty for me at 8mg.  I only pay BT for my line rental and calls and that is £17 per month all in.  There are plenty of cheaper deals around with other companies and my advice (from past experience) is if you can get out of your BT contract do so!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 12:21:45 pm »
Got us  by our goolies for now!!!! >:(

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Kirkintilloch, NE of Glasgow
    • Calum Morrell Photography
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 06:01:33 pm »
I have O2 broadband - my son works for them so I got staff discount but it is extremely reliable
Yep, O2 broadband is run by BeThere, which is the ISP I use. Excellent service provider and support staff who actually make and effort to HELP when you contact them.

sandy

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 06:21:28 pm »
I hate call centers where they do not understand you and you do not understand them. I had a problem last year with my computor, I rang BT and got put through to support and they said "take the PC back to where youbought it, you have no grapics card!!" I asked where has it gone then as I had been using it for years and it just disapeared" that was years ago in England, I sorted out the problem in 3 mins once I was told by my brother in law what it could be, my point being, help/support centers are not always a help
 and just get you mad, I also rang to find the phone number for FOcus DIY, they had no idea what I was on about!!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 07:46:12 pm »
The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing in BT, it is a disgrace. I called again today and thratened to cancel all my BT contracts if I didn't receive the said Dongo by Friday this week. The person I spoke with said they would definately fix it out. 5 minutes later BT phoned me and said they would prefer not to give me the Dongo and would credit my accoynt with £50. I refused and went mental and hung up. 2 hours later a parcel arrived by courier and it was my Dongo. Why didn't the idiots I spoke with tpday have a note on their computer telling them that it was in the the post?

All afternoon I have received e mails from BT telling me they were processing my order and the latest telling me the Dongo would be couroered out tomorrow! I eagerly await to see what the fools are sending now. What a waste of time, effort and their money.

rustyme

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 08:03:20 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1188883/BT-boss-pockets-3million-golden-goodbye-presiding-huge-losses.html

ignore the name of the crap paper !!! but the info is interesting ....nuff said ????

cheers

Russ

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 09:33:24 pm »
dongle ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 11:02:33 am »
The idiots have now sent me 2 "hubs" and 2 "dongo's". It seems they have money to waste. The second dongo was not accepted from the postman as it had the name of the man on it that owned this place 7 years ago!!!! No wonder this country is in a mess..

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS