Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rabbit with pasta  (Read 2220 times)

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
Rabbit with pasta
« on: October 07, 2012, 12:21:04 pm »
We enjoyed back legs of young rabbit in a redwine sauce and ribbon pasta.
Saute some mushrooms for a bit and add 1 cup of red wine. reduce then set aside.
Saute a leek and half a red onion - set aside.
Coat rabbit in a lot of seasoned flour, fry a bit then add lardons or pancetta till browned then slowly stir in the mushrooms and liquid and a splash more wine ( keep stirring).  return leeks to the pan with some crushed garlc, chopped fresh sage and a teaspoon of balsamic vinnegar. Cover and stuff in the oven for 30 mins check sauce and add the odd spoon of stock if needed. we kept the meat on the bone.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
Re: Rabbit with pasta
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 12:43:56 pm »
Sounds very tasty MAK. I suppose I could use chicken or guinea fowl do you think? We dont eat bunnies in this house. I think I will give it a go during the week if OH is feeling better. He goes right off food when he is poorly. Ive got a few bottles of old red that need using up that was bought for parties but not drunk. (We dont drink either..I cant it makes me feel very ill unfortunately).

bangbang

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 01:25:10 pm »
Sounds yummy! :thumbsup:

I've put the recipe into 'favourites'.

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 05:25:11 pm »
Yep - Chicken is a good substitute for young rabbit.
You could substitute the leek and onion for chicory but we would haveto buy that  ;D .
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS