Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Buying,wanting free range meat,Beef,Lamb.  (Read 3572 times)

Mel

Buying,wanting free range meat,Beef,Lamb.
« on: October 04, 2012, 03:46:01 pm »
Hello  :wave:

You know,I had previously put an add on the marketplace looking for some meat to buy,I honestly would prefer to buy it from someone on Tas,keep it in the family so to speak,but I never really had any reasonable responses. I love Lamb and if you have half or a whole one in your freezer or fresh to sell,please let me know.

I sent a friend in Wales a large cold box full of Pork by courier on 24hr delivery,I packed it well with ice blocks and when it arrived,the meat was still frozen,so it can be done.

I would not mind the odd joint of beef,Aberdeen Angus or anything really,I can buy T bone steaks some 30 miles from me,but it is only every so often.

And reasonable prices for Goat or Mutton,nothing much around here unless I travel into Peterborough,the meat there is halal,the goat or mutton is not badly priced,however,the last lot I bought was the fattiest I have ever seen.

I do not mind travelling within reasonable distance to collect.

How many of you actually sell your produce,whether it be over the gate or otherwise?

Mel

63 views and no response :-\ Am I supposed to starve,  :tired: i'm not eating supermarket stuff! :huff: :rant:

Please,does nobody have any for sale?! :fc: :fc: I have the cash! :thumbsup:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: Buying,wanting free range meat,Beef,Lamb.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 05:39:50 pm »
Wish I did have some for you Mel, Castlemilk moorit next year but not yet although Aberdeenshire to you may just be pushing the freezer box a bit - although I used to buy my bird of prey food from way down south and that came up fine - so as you say it is possible - sorry nothing at the moment though.
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Mel

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 05:45:30 pm »
Wish I did have some for you Mel, Castlemilk moorit next year but not yet although Aberdeenshire to you may just be pushing the freezer box a bit - although I used to buy my bird of prey food from way down south and that came up fine - so as you say it is possible - sorry nothing at the moment though.

Oh,that sounds wonderful,real lamb! I don't know,usually I use the 24hr service and seems to work ok for me,can they do a 24hr service from Aberdeen,I have not checked,is it classed as highlands?..sorry to sound naive,I do have some friends live there,but all they say is it is "britches" all the time ;D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 05:49:42 pm »
Are you in Scotland Mel?  Have you spoken to Happy Hippy? she had some pork and was willing to post out to me - sadly all 3 freezers are largely taken up with milk at the mo so I had to leave it but pm her, it sounded gorgeous what she had!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 06:01:13 pm »
Hi Mel - I could do you a couple of Kerry Hill Xbreds in a few weeks time if that's any good?   I'm 'finishing' the first three (Ryelands) in a week and then the next 3 (Greyface Dart and Ryeland Xbreds)  the following week and just have these 3 left which are still a bit on the small side and which I was going to put in the Mart.  However if you'd like 2 of them (they're not gonna be very big), we'll have the 3rd one (had planned on 2 for the freezer but we could probably squeeze another one in!).   They're all grass fed  :thumbsup: .  PM if you're interested.   Next year, give me a bit more notice and I'll make sure you're on the list for a Ryeland  ;)  or a Greyface Dart  ;D .
Cheers.
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Mel

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 06:01:31 pm »
No I'm not Plums,I am rather a way down south near Peterborough, :-\ I also have only 3 joints of my own pork left~it was so nice,I ate it all ;D I would appreciate it,shall ask happy and wonder if she would do something for me  :fc:

Mel

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 06:04:26 pm »
Hi Mel - I could do you a couple of Kerry Hill Xbreds in a few weeks time if that's any good?   I'm 'finishing' the first three (Ryelands) in a week and then the next 3 (Greyface Dart and Ryeland Xbreds)  the following week and just have these 3 left which are still a bit on the small side and which I was going to put in the Mart.  However if you'd like 2 of them (they're not gonna be very big), we'll have the 3rd one (had planned on 2 for the freezer but we could probably squeeze another one in!).   They're all grass fed  :thumbsup: .  PM if you're interested.   Next year, give me a bit more notice and I'll make sure you're on the list for a Ryeland  ;)  or a Greyface Dart  ;D .
Cheers.
Sold  ;D ;D ;D

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 06:06:45 pm »
OK Mel - I'll be in touch.   PM me your address.    I courier out meat boxes a couple of times a year and so boxes and cold packs are not a problem  :thumbsup: .    I'm glad I don't have to take these to the Mart now - always prefer to take them through to their final destination  :relief: .

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Mel

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 06:10:16 pm »
OK Mel - I'll be in touch.   PM me your address.    I courier out meat boxes a couple of times a year and so boxes and cold packs are not a problem  :thumbsup: .    I'm glad I don't have to take these to the Mart now - always prefer to take them through to their final destination  :relief: .
PM sent :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS