Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Scots Greys  (Read 3074 times)

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
Scots Greys
« on: October 03, 2012, 10:11:31 am »
I have 4 Scots Grey cockerals left and lookinf for a home. They are 10 weeks old and we are at Madderty near Perth. £5 each.
 Thanks.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Scots Greys
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 04:30:24 pm »
I will be looking for a new cockerel in the spring, but not yet.  Do you think you will have more young ones then?  What size are your Scots Greys - giant show birds, utility or bantams?   I am looking for a cockerel from a good egg laying utility line :chook:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 08:49:11 am »
Hi Fleecewife,
We borrowed an incubator this year and it has been a succesful little venture so will probably do it again next year so hopefully will have more at some piont. We dont have room to hatch any out until after the cattle are out in the spring tho so not sure we would be soon enough for you?
They are utility size birds and so far seem to lay pretty well. I got them about a year ago from the Murton Trust at Forfar. Your welcome to one of these boys but I cant keep them over the winter, I just dont have anywhere to put them. We'll probably be putting them in the pot in about two weeks time. :-\
Sorry I cant be more helpful!
OEH

Rubella Clapton

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 09:22:51 pm »
If you or a friend venture to London, I can reserve a cockerel to give to you, either Lorcan (who was bred by Oneeyedhen)
or
a (currently 2 week old) son of Jasperine (also bred by her). Jasperine is a very sensible chicken, a busy layer of eggs. The cockerel was from Cornwall (Charlie Quasaar, a very handsome fellow!)

Rubella

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 04:34:10 pm »
3 left now and 4 days until they'll need to be dispatched!! Poor boys, I'm glad they have no idea.  :innocent:

taz08

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 06:59:21 am »
could you deliver1 to laurencekirk??

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 11:51:03 am »
Sorry, we've got a busy week this week and going away on thursday :( . If you can think of a way to get him up to you your welcome to one but I wanted to disspatch them before we go. If I hear of anyone going your way I'll let you know.
Sorry I cant be more help full. :thinking:

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 09:03:54 pm »
Do you still have these boys?

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 06:32:35 pm »
Really sorry Melodrama but turned them into chicken fillets yesterday, sorry  :(

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 08:42:38 am »
But would think about selling our cockeral. A proven sire!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS