Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello :0)  (Read 5540 times)

Marsbar

• Joined Jun 2011
Re: Hello :0)
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 07:11:21 pm »
Hello and welcome(back) :wave:

Richard
Richard
from Sheffield now in Chesterfield

heidih

• Joined Aug 2012
  • walsall
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 07:38:46 pm »
Hello plums and welcome back hunny... :wave:  xxxxx
mom of 3 daughters. and a stepson, partner of carl and mommy to 2 nanny goats , 10 chooks. 4 ducks. 2 cats and 2 rabbits with their 7 babies, support worker in CRITICAL CARE and craft maker .:)

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 07:40:49 pm »
Welcome back plums u got some catchin up to do lol I want sum goats ha ha ha !!!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2012, 08:10:09 pm »
Funny, I was going to email you today and say "you've been gone long enough". Spooky.

Welcome back  :thumbsup:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 08:12:57 pm »
Aw thank you  :bouquet:  Was missing everyone far too much  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 08:50:52 pm »
:wave:  :)
Little Blue

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 09:01:38 pm »
YAAAAAAAY!  Plums is back.  Welcome, welcome, welcome.  You have been missed.   :hug: :hug:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 09:07:27 pm »
Ohhhh, I'm glad you're back  ;D ;D ;D (and hey, what's wrong with flouncing  ;)  :D)

We need a re-think about homework in this country, if they've worked hard all day at school they should be free to do other things once they get home  :rant:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 09:11:02 pm »
Agree with you Jakay. India's homework took 45 minutes tonight, she's 7 and really didn't 'get it' so it turned into my homework and once I thought I'd helped her twig the concept (it was dictionary work) I tried ot leave her to do it herself. Went to finish making dinner and found her sobbing. still didn't get it.  No point it being mummy's homework so a word with the teacher to explain it in ways I can't I guess. But that's 45 minutes of daylight that she could have been on the trampoline or picking blackberries not getting stressed and crying  :rant:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 02:21:16 am »
I know I only have my own experience as a child to go on, not being a mum myself nor a teacher, but 45 minutes homework at 7?  :o  I'm all for a little bit, to inculcate the habit from early on, but that's ridiculous, isn't it? 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 07:24:34 am »
Its strange because my 10 year old (now at middle school) gets very short 'bits' of homework in all the subjects so eg. her art homework will take 10 minutes as she describes what some artistic terminology means and she'll have these bits of homework 3 nights out of 5. She always fully understands the homework as its been described well at school.
I think I need to pop in and see the teacher for my 7 year old though as I don't think she's grasping it at school in order to do the homework affiliated to the current topics at school and if I don't mention it, this will carry on. My little girl is very shy and won't pop her hand up and say she's stuck (unlike her 3 sisters)  :-\  maybe if she grasped it, it would be 20 minutes of homework that would be enjoyable and fun rather than 45 minutes of battle.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 08:13:22 am »
Glad to see you back, Plums :hug:  How is your eldest daughter getting on at Senior School?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2012, 08:46:01 am »
She's loving it thank you, Sylvia  :) very happy girl. She needed a new challenge and on the whole its suiting her really well. She had to have a day off yesterday though as I think the early mornings, the distance she walks to /from school and actually AT school has worn her out and she felt sick too  :unwell:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2012, 09:19:51 am »
Glad you're back mrs  :thumbsup: :hug:
mandy  :pig:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2012, 09:26:09 am »
Glad to see you back Plums  :wave:
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS