Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Recommendations sought for pet hair vacuum cleaner  (Read 2011 times)

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
Recommendations sought for pet hair vacuum cleaner
« on: September 25, 2012, 09:01:09 am »
Wasn't really sure where to post this thread but thought dog folk would be best to ask due to experience.  Struggling to find a really good vacuum cleaner to attack the pet hair with.  I used to have a Dyson for years but it finally conked out on me and it was so old that spare parts were obsolete.  I replaced it with a newer model (animal) but I'm not having the desired effect with it and may relegate it to the garage for car cleaning if I can find a better make/model for the house.  I'm not a clean freak or anything but do like to see the carpets hair free once in a while especially pre-visitor arrival!  Any suggestions from your own experiences folks?  :fc: ;D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:43:03 pm by luckylady »
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
Re: Recommendations saught for pet hair vacuum cleaner
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 09:19:26 am »
Meila cat and dog hair, absolutely fantastic, we've just replaced our animal dyson with one, really impressed.

Down side, it has bags, but we're finding it's not a problem, it's also heavy, but it comes with a motor head for the hose So the stairs are no issue.

We have 3 dogs & cat, the dogs all molt, especially the GSA and bc, so we Hoover loads

Really can't fault it, and we got an extended guarantee from John Lewis free, not sure if they are still doing that though

All in all IMHO it's more solid and better at sucking things up than the dyson and it was cheaer

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
Re: Recommendations saught for pet hair vacuum cleaner
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 12:40:55 pm »
Thanks Alistair.  I can do bags!  I'll look into it further.  :thumbsup:
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

kumquat

• Joined May 2012
  • Ruthin, North Wales
Re: Recommendations sought for pet hair vacuum cleaner
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 05:19:53 pm »
another vote for the miele cat and dog....great vacuum (if you get excited over them  :roflanim: )
Proud member of the Soay Sheep Society :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS