Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poorly chicken  (Read 2819 times)

Townie

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Fife
    • http://www.townie.wordpress.com
Poorly chicken
« on: May 17, 2009, 08:32:29 pm »
Daisy, my light sussex hen is not looking too well...

Her Symptoms :  Runny/watery Poo's, one half is white and the other half is clear... she does have a tiny wee amount of watery looking blood at her vent but don't see any visible damage, have felt around her vent area and underneath and it feels soft enought, thought she may have been compacted, cause she does lay bigish eggs, although infrequent..

She is all hunched up and inside the coop, no runny nose, sneezing, laboured breathing etc... but her eyes look like she's unwell (tired looking eyes), her wings are not hanging down and her tail is not droopy.

I have put citricidal in the water, because she is drinking, not seen her eating much either.

I have cleaned just finished cleaning out the whole eglu and dusted every nook and cranny with diatomaceous earth including daisy and her side kick chicken little...

Any other suggestions most appreciated.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: Poorly chicken
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:26:06 am »
take her to the vet. She is quite ill and is a high risk to your other birds. if you can't or don't want to see the vet kill her and hope. The odds are against her When a bird shows themselves to be ill they are very ill. whatever you do get her away from your other chickens.

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 08:57:28 pm »
What's happend Townie?  Please let us know.

Townie

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Fife
    • http://www.townie.wordpress.com
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 12:24:17 am »
Hi all... just wanted to let you all know that Daisy is fine..

She is eating / drinking / pooing like a trooper, and seems to have made a good recovery to whatever was wrong,

thankyou  :chook:

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 07:37:08 pm »
Brilliant!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS