Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Roast Chicken - withdrawel symptoms  (Read 3082 times)

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
Roast Chicken - withdrawel symptoms
« on: September 22, 2012, 07:56:44 pm »
It's now been nearly 2 months that we have been without an oven & I'm seriously getting some Sunday Roast withdrawel  ::)
Has anyone got some favourite "one pot" type recipies they'd like to share - pretty please  :eyelashes:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

HappyHippy

Re: Roast Chicken - withdrawel symptoms
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 11:22:48 am »
I don't have any receipes mrs  :( but I've got an oven  :excited:
Making lentil soup and gammon (home reared) today  :yum: Wanna come for tea and I'll cook your chook to take home ?  :-*

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 09:29:45 pm »
Cor blimey Karen, wish I'd seen your post earlier  ::)  in the end Rach did a one-pot thing with cider - very  :yum:  it was too - not the same a proper roast though  ;)
Been outside most of the day, trying to get stuff tidied & packed away (seats, tables, abandoned buckets, feed bags, bins - basically anything that doesn't have foundations or weigh a ton) before the predicted gales &  :raining:  gets to us tomorrow.  Got 2 line-fulls of washing dry & I even washed the trailor ready for next weekend too  :eyelashes:  Now I'm absoloutely  :tired:

Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:38:22 pm »
has your landlord still not sorted the oven?

hope you give him grief...

you can do a good approximation of roast chicken with a barbeque with a lid if you have one!!!

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 09:49:19 pm »
Hiya Bloomer  :wave:
No, it's still not sorted  ::)  we're just waiting for the kitchen ceiling to cave-in during this next heavy rainfall - between where the kitchen joins the main house, somethings not right (flashing?), every time it rains water pours down the adjoining wall, through the wall cupboards (one of which is now going mouldy  :P  ) & ends in a waterfall over the worktop to the floor - very unique interior decor  ::)   The last time it rained (a few days ago) the ceiling started bowing, so it won't be long now - oh, & my OH took piccys of the water running out of the holes in the wall-sockets  :o 
Maybe I should start a poll - to see how long folks'll think it holds up  :roflanim:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 10:01:26 pm »
depending on your contract and how brave you are a leaky roof means the property is uninhabitable and you can with hold rent till its fixed not sure of the process i think you have to warn the landlord thats a step you are prepared to take etc, but do remember reading something about it when we took a rental property in Scotland...

might be worth some further reading, good luck in next weeks forecast rain and wind...

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 10:08:11 pm »

might be worth some further reading, good luck in next weeks forecast rain and wind...
:fc:   :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS