Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone know or use these guys  (Read 2697 times)

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
Anyone know or use these guys
« on: May 19, 2009, 07:49:39 pm »
http://www.mylocalfarm.co.uk

would like to hear what you all thought of them and the service if you know them. (or even if you don't and jsut look at the web page!)

The Relic

• Joined Mar 2009
  • County Down
Re: Anyone know or use these guys
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 08:08:29 pm »
never heard of them but i would tend not to buy food online. just looking at the site looks very basic for a company who seems to do most of it business online. they say they get produce from local farmers id ask them for their names and try to contact them yourself (not by a number they give) but im just an old skeptic. also couldnt get a lot of  other pages on the site to work.

catomell

• Joined May 2009
  • Knowstone, North Devon
    • West Kidland Farm
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 11:30:26 pm »
Never heard of them, but have just clicked on the link and what can I say - the site is s***e!
The grammar is appalling, there are few products offered for sale, it's uninteresting and the recipes page does not even work.
I wouldn't buy from them, but then again, why would I given that I live in North Devon. We actually have a similar scheme here - called LocalFarmBox - haven't even had a look at their website yet, but have tried to contact them with a view to being added as a supplier. However, when I found out, through trying to contact them, that there is nobody to answer the telephone after 2p.m. I decided that they couldn't possibly be serious. I have people phoning me up to and sometimes beyond 9p.m. to order meat, and I would never not answer the phone!! Don't know if your guys are the same or not!
Catherine.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 08:26:23 am »
Not really the same thing, but an online buy your pig and we will rear and butcher it for you, have been very disappointed.  Apparently the owner is now in France.  So take great care when ordering.

Crofter

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Isle of Lewis
  • We'll get there!
    • Ravenstar
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 07:39:52 pm »
There's no excuse for a site this bad!  I built my own with minimal knowledge and a Website builder thingy.  Spell check would help them too.  If you want to be taken seriously, you need to look professional.

Dave
Comfortable B&B on a working Croft on the Isle of Lewis. www.Ravenstar.co.uk

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 08:48:30 pm »
too much that doesn't work on this site (about us) and no indication of weight inside the boxes. We should tell them...
I hope I got your area right, SB. Interesting cruising the eco pages of other counties...box scheme on there

http://food.linlithgowclimatechallenge.org.uk/?page_id=76

I would just go to the farmers' market and ask there if they deliver. :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS