Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Another dog or not? Update  (Read 18178 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Another dog or not? Update
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2012, 12:44:48 pm »
He is just gorgeous! ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2012, 01:30:33 pm »
Great picture and very good news  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2012, 02:06:25 pm »
Thanks all.  Its good to share the positive news as well as the not so positive.  Toby is a handsome chap in the photo isn't he?  That was in his younger days when he could still stand on his hind legs to look through the gates at our old place.  Love my cuddly polar bear  :love: .
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2012, 07:05:33 pm »
You have a lovely canine family luckylady   :love: great news about Toby too  :excited:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2012, 07:46:57 pm »
Glad both are doing well  :thumbsup: Toby looks like a sweetie (and so does Amber)

Remy

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2012, 07:02:10 pm »
Just caught up with this, Amber is gorgeous and lucky her to have found such a great home  :love: .  I'm really pleased to hear that Toby's tongue might not be as bad as feared, fingers crossed it clears up very soon  :fc: .

I'm another one who just can't resist the oldies, I recently lost by beloved cattle dog and spotted a lovely old Staffie x lab bitch of 10 yrs old in the local Dogs Trust, and gave her a home.  She is a fab dog, her only faults are that she's rather greedy and also sneaks onto the furniture when you're not looking  ;D , but couldn't have wished for a better dog.  She was used for breeding in the past and now has to put up with the attentions of a cattle dog puppy, but she's so tolerant and wonderful with him.  She has loads of life in her yet  :) .  However my house is rather full with six dogs in it!!  ::)
1 horse, 2 ponies, 4 dogs, 2 Kune Kunes, a variety of sheep

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2012, 07:35:38 pm »
Hi Remy, its good to know I'm amongst like-minded folk on here.  Sorry to hear that you lost your other dog.  Was he/she one of your many we met when we collected Bugsy? 
Amber is a little sweetie and has really had a positive influence on Toby's depression so I know we did the right thing for him, us and especially her.
Bugsy, by the way, is brilliant.  He calls to us and gets excited when he hears the gate latch to the point of being unable to contain himself.  So funny.  He's a little gent when worming and stands and lifts his feet for trimming, pony style.  You bred a little smasher there, thank you.  :thumbsup:
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Remy

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2012, 08:04:52 pm »
So glad all is working out well with the dogs  :thumbsup: .  Yes it was Kaska I lost, the blue dog who barked the most!  Just loved her and was gutted when she went  :'( .  I'm really pleased to hear about Bugsy, it's so rewarding that he's got such a good home - what a lucky lamb he is!
1 horse, 2 ponies, 4 dogs, 2 Kune Kunes, a variety of sheep

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS