Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Which wormer ?  (Read 7962 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Which wormer ?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 03:45:21 pm »
Same happened in Spring. Not sure why they haven't twigged that many people worm every spring and autumn and produce/buy more in!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 07:36:33 pm »
Havn't been able to get flubs vet for months, was told to feed live mealworms, they eat the worms inside the chooks.. Seems to have worked for us :fc:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 07:38:38 pm »
that's really interesting Carl - where do you buy them from? (i can only find the dried ones lol!) does that mean they survive inside the stomach then?
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 07:49:55 pm »
I just finshed using solubenol its water based, if you have lots of birds it seems more economic. It seemed to clear out the birds. You get it in a large sachet which i transfered to a sterile jar. I then removed the quantity required with a syringe for measuring, i put it in another jar and used that as a shaker to mix it with water i then diluted it further in each waterer. You need to do a few sums at the start re voumes of water / approx total weight of your birds and you have to carry out the treatment fresh each day for a week but it was £14 for the packet which did for me

http://www.viovet.co.uk/Non-Prescription_Medicines-Birds-Wormers-Solubenol_Oral_Emulsion/c119_11_1182_1181/category.html

sell it

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 07:58:52 pm »
that's really interesting Carl - where do you buy them from? (i can only find the dried ones lol!) does that mean they survive inside the stomach then?

We get them from a local pet shop called kennlegate they told us to do it.. Have found out since if you buy one lot and add them to a bowl of oatmeal you will have a endless supply..have a look on YouTube mealworm raising if u like and they have stock I will get u some when we come to visit at the end of the month

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS