Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Reluctant FOR SALE.... lambs (East Somerset)  (Read 1619 times)

Mallows Flock

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Shepton mallet
    • Somerset Pet Sitting and Dog Walking
Reluctant FOR SALE.... lambs (East Somerset)
« on: September 19, 2012, 12:38:46 am »
 :gloomy: Ok Ok....  I know I have been bleating on about the fact that I must do it, but seeing as I have been incredibly (deliberately) lapse, I thought putting an ad on here might at least give me the impetus to start to sell at least, some of my small flock. ALSO POSTED IN MARKETPLACE! Can deliver locally for petrol money.
I have for sale (although I would really much rather keep them as they are my babies so it would be great if no one actually wanted to buy them LOL) :-

·         2 x Shetland x Charollais wethers… born March 2012 - £55 each – some are rigged. Would make delicious sweet low cholesterol slow grown lamb meat. (I have already kept 2 back for you Colliewoman) Would be ready for eating Jan 2013

·         3 x  Charollais x Shetland ewe lambs… Born late Feb and mid March 2012 - £65 each (would make excellent breeding ewes) – 2 of which are friendly orphans... very good size, solid, cute.

·         4 x Mule x Texel ewe lambs – very friendy orphan lambs – born late April 2012 £75 each

·         1 x unregistered Grey Shetland ewe lamb - £60 born March 2012 – her mum Apshill Bella won Shetland Reserve Champion and Primitive Reserve Champion plus Best Shetland Ewe at 2012 Midsomerset Show

·         1 x Wether/rig  Grey Shetland lamb –unregistered, make excellent teaser or companion to tup or for delicious, sweet, low cholesterol slow grown lamb - £45 – born March 2012 – his mum Apshill Bella won Shetland Reserve Champion and Primitive Reserve Champion plus Best Shetland Ewe at 2012 Midsomerset Show. Ready to eat April-ish

·         1 x February 2012 born Ryeland x Poll Dorset… beautiful, friendly girl – make great breeding ewe £80... a little bit 'thick' but pretty, happy go lucky, solid
ON MY WEBPAGE (SEE BELOW) I HAVE DONE DISCOUNTS FOR GROUPS BEING BOUGHT TOGETHER AS I WOULD LOVE FOR SOME OF THEM TO BE HOMED IN A SMALL GROUP TO GIVE THEM SOME SECURITY IN NUMBERS.

All have been injected with Heptavac  P Plus, been wormed with All-verm, have had FEC samples done and anti-fly strike treated with Clik. Feet have also been trimmed and they will have been run through a footbath prior to departure as well as being given a flukicide before they leave (as weather has been particularly wet this year, so as a precaution. They are all bucket trained.

A really sorry sale. I will be incredibly sad to see them go.  I would prefer them to go to ‘Forever Homes’; to smallholders or as grass grazers however I understand the wethers will probably go for meat, and that’s ok. I insist they travel in strawed out trailers on a journey less than 65km in length. They are very much loved sheep and this reflects in their condition and temperament and I will only let them go to quality homes.
Disclaimer....Please be aware that they DID have recently a tup lamb (Poll Dorset) break into their paddock and was seen being chased off by the wethers/rigs and the girls were moving away from him so I am pretty sure the ewe lambs have NOT been covered but there is a chance you could be having February lambs.
Buyers are very welcome to visit beforehand by appointment only.
For more details see my website at www.mallowsflock.weebly.com STOCK FOR SALE PAGE AT TOP

Thanks so much
Lisa x
From 3 to 30 and still flocking up!

Advertisement

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS