Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Smallholding/private livery yard for sale Fife  (Read 11304 times)

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
Smallholding/private livery yard for sale Fife
« on: September 15, 2012, 09:11:19 pm »
Well I didnt think this day would come for a long while, but we have decided to sell our smallholding in Fife.  Our kids don't want to stay in the Country and want to move nearer to 'civilisation' and their friends.  So fair's fair and the last few years have been wonderful, but it's time to move to pastures new.

So in summary, we have 6 acres split into 3 fields, various smaller pens and areas.  3 stables, all with light and automatic water drinkers.  A secure tack room with power and light.  A feed shed with light.  A smaller paddock for ponies and sheep, complete with secure shed.

The 2 larger fields are bordered with dry stone dykes and stock fencing.  Plenty of shelter in the shape of trees and high walls.

We also have an orchard and 2 beehives (happy to leave bees).

A newly surfaced 20 x 40 arena (sand, rubber and fibre) which is floodlit.  And a wood fibre turnout area.

Small duck pond and shed and fully enclosed hen area.

A large veggie garden, 2 greenhouses (one with power), lots of berries and fruit bushes and a large garden.

2 story cart shed, with outline persmission for an extension onto the house.  Office space in the cart shed as well as garden office/conservatory.

The house has 3 double bedrooms; bathroom and shower room.  Livingroom has multi fuel stove which runs the central heating and also has a back up oil supply for if you can't be bothered to chop wood!

Kitchen has a calor gas hob and electric oven and fully fitted appliances.

oh and last but not least we have a 2 bedroom residential caravan in the yard with water and power and calor gas for the cooker and the fire. 

I'm sure there is more but that's all i can remember for now!

Please feel free to ask any questions or email me separately on laura_turner@btinternet.com

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Smallholding/private livery yard for sale Fife
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 11:08:19 pm »
And in 5 years or less the kids will leave home and you'll want it back again, Laura.  Happened to me! :'( :'(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 11:43:56 pm »
It sounds wonderful ....I am sure it will sell quickly.

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 04:40:18 am »
aye Annie, you might be right.  But it's the right thing for us to do now and I won't have my kids at home for long before they are up and away so I"ll deal with that when, and if, the time comes.  They've never once complained when we cant take them here or there because we are busy lambing, or building, or moving, or chopping or the like, so we feel fair is fair and they get the next few years.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 08:35:49 am »
You're what being parents is all about, Egglady :bouquet: :trophy:

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 08:40:24 am »
Aw thanks Sylvia, that means a lot x

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 09:00:39 am »
Hi Laura,
             sorry you have had to make the choice, Your place is perfect for anyone wanting to live a life in the country and not to far from civilization. I guess it will save some lucky person putting in ten years of infrastructure - you and John are welcome to come down and bucket feed the sheep here should you get withdrawal symptoms
cheers
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:29:19 am by Big Light »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 11:20:53 am »
AND - we've got a new job for you - Smallholding sitters! :excited: :excited:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 01:57:09 pm »
thanks Big Light and Dogano..actually smallholder sitter sounds like a fabby job :)

and thanks for the positive referral - yeah we think it's pretty cool too, and loads more been done since you were last here too.

fingers crossed the perfect people find us

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 05:18:23 pm »
If you say what area you'd like to be in you might get a swap :fc:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 05:42:24 pm »
Ooh, it's a lovely wee village in Fife - the name will come to me  :thinking: I can picture it and I could probably take you there. Still  :thinking:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 07:24:18 pm »
No, I meant what area they'd like to move to, not where they are at the moment ::)

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 07:36:00 pm »
we'll stay in Fife, thats where the kids friends are

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 08:09:48 pm »
No, I meant what area they'd like to move to, not where they are at the moment ::)

Doh. Didn't read it properly - thought you were offering to swap, Annie  ::)

scottydog

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 11:56:51 pm »
How much are you asking for your holding?

Lee

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS