Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Good Morning  (Read 3823 times)

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
Good Morning
« on: May 18, 2009, 04:04:21 am »
everyone  ;D
busy week ahead here this week..........  got loads of bits to do,
moving and sorting the rest of the sheep today, with aload of other bits, then the vets in tomorrow lunch time to scan 11 of the cows, got some painting that desprately needs doing in the house too so want to try and crack on with that inbetween the normal stuff, need to totaly clear the shed too    that shouldn ttake too long tho theres not alot left in there 

I'm sure their'l  be bits thrown in to just for good measure     ::) :P

Whats everyone else upto this week?.................
Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

Rhyan & Melissa

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Lincolnshire
Re: Good Morning
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 07:39:33 am »
6.30am

Mels left for the railway station (joys of still working in london - 4hrs travel everyday)

I have cleaned out the chickens and removed a sparrow from Tabbys mouth.

This week I have to lay a concrete base and put up a new shed. Try and figure out the mass of metal (apparently it was a 15m polytunnel in a former life). Plasterboard out the loft and get it skimmed. Treat some wooden fencing. Then its all change on Thursday as I'm off to Austria with Goldie for 3 days to a music festival to promote his new album. Sunday night we have a an old school night in Nottingham with Altern8. Then Monday back to being knee deep in muck as the beans and butternut squash need planting out.

Is it bedtime yet?
Rhyan & Melissa

Pea Pod Burgundy Ltd

Blog:      www.peapodburgundy.blogspot.com/
Twitter:   www.twitter.com/peapodburgundy
Web:      www.peapodburgundy.co.uk

You can also find us on Facebook and Myspace!

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 01:51:06 pm »
I'm on a 72 hour Changing Rooms Extravaganza in the bathroom. Spent last week knocking down all the walls and running electrics through the new stud-walling. The plumber's here at the moment running new pipework everywhere. So,by Thursday when Carly and guests arrive,I need to connect everything up,plasterboard the walls and ceiling then plaster,fit toilet,sink and shower,lighting,flooring and skirting boards,heated towel rail,fit cupboard doors and build a bookshelf and install a new door and frame...... oh and paint! It's at times like these I wonder what was wrong with slave labour   ;D
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 04:35:42 pm »
Well unfortunately computers can't do it for you.  That seems an awful lot to do before Thursday!

I've had a leisurely breakfast with my sister and her husband before they set off home after their weekend visit; stripped the spare room and washed the bedding, about to do the towels, cleaned the bathroom ready for the next lot of visitors; loaded and switched on the dishwasher; walked the dogs; let the ducks and Kamikaze out for a two hour wander round the front half acre; shut KK back in her pen, and the ducks into their new shed ready to clean the old one tomorrow for the rescue hens to move into after cleaning out and dousing with diatomaceous earth; let the rescue hens out in the back yard for a wander after giving them some home made yoghurt with honey and citricidal; just off to give ducks and KK and friends the same.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 08:48:18 pm »
Evening all, started the day off taking my 79 year old dad to the Miners Convalescent Home in Culross, Fife where he will stay for two weeks holiday. Then shopped for everything I need for my new chickens which I hope to collect next week now that the coup and run are finished. (made a list from posts on here). Then home to spend the rest of the day in the veg garden earthing up spuds, sowed more carrots and beetroot, planted sweetpea seedlings then cleared out the garden shed.
Hope your sister is on the mend soon Dan.
JD

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 04:30:24 am »
scanning day today.................got buyers for in calf and empties just need to know wich are wich  ;D
Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 10:04:53 am »
Working! ::)  and waiting for eggs to hatch ;D possibly collecting blue tongue vaccine and expecting parcel from Mole Valley Farmers!!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 11:24:49 pm »
Shifting (and sifting) top soil, putting a greenhouse up (still not done, I know), tidying the shed and removing any obstacles from the outside walls of the house for cavity wall insulation, clearing the attic for loft insulation. If there is still time, dig the trench for the polytunnel and get the run for the ducklings. Go to the Fife Show for a few hours, hopefully in the sunshine this year and enjoy myself ! :&>

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 11:51:59 pm »
Busy week this week, working Mon- Thurs. New Kitchen got put in on Monday and Tuesday, which is lovely, but we are trying to move all the stuff back into the kitchen now- plus I need to find a plasterer & tiler to finish off. Trying to get organised for the show at the weekend (not Fife show for me, I have two back to back goat shows at Forfar from Friday til Sunday ) so I trimmed 8 goats feet tonight, and need to do the other 4 tomorrow night after work.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 12:14:28 am »
Good grief - I baulk at taking three dogs to a show - 12 goats would do my head in!  well done ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS