Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Had a break in - Photo Added  (Read 14323 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Had a break in - Photo Added
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 04:26:47 pm »
I am usually confident wondering round on my own in the dark .....but when this happens, it makes things different.  I am sure thieves are not going to wonder past me one night and help themselves, but every time I arrive in the morning, I will be looking to see if the gate is still locked, and worrying myself silly thinking they are there at night.
I wonder what these people would do if THEY were targetted by thieves?  I know they do not worry about the consequences of their actions, but why should they profit from my stuff.  I reckon they will get around £500 for what they took if not more. 
I am not sure I want to be there anymore - whats the point if we cannot have our trailers etc. there, and have to find somewhere else to put them - and probably pay to store them too.  This has taken away the enjoyment of having the land and stables.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 04:40:01 pm »
Still waiting for the Police to actually arrive to look at the crime scene.  Supposed to come within an hour, this morning.  Plenty of phone calls from them, including one from the crime scene fella, wanting to know was there any blood ......er ...no.  They went through gates and doors, not windows.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 04:55:35 pm »
Husband rang Police, re coming out.  They have downgraded our "crime" as there are no leads of enquiry.
Hubby not happy, at leaving us waiting all day, and then not bothering to say they were not coming.  They cannot look at camera on road, as too many vehicles going past.  What,late night, early morning, and got to be van or pick up?  Not going to be mega busy on a back road, surely?
Husband asked for security advice, and then just said put locks on ......yes, we had those, didn't we.  Anyway, they apologised for the delay,and may come out tomorrow .....or Sunday. Not much help from the Police then.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 05:29:22 pm »
I dont think the response re the camera is a reasonable one given the time of night thing. I would be taking a complaint further on that one and insisting that either they look through the footage or you are permitted to do so.
Im really sorry by the way. This sort of thing ruins peoples quality of life and peace of mind.
NB also keep an eye on eBay and Dragon Driving website for your gear.
Was any of it marked?

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 06:39:52 pm »
Roxy, when asked if there was any blood you should have said, "Yes, I think I winged one of the b####rds" They would have been out there in minutes ::)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 07:01:10 pm »
Roxy, when asked if there was any blood you should have said, "Yes, I think I winged one of the b####rds" They would have been out there in minutes ::)

:roflanim:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 07:44:39 pm »
The shame is, that's just so true - they'd have been there within 5 minutes if you'd said so.  Problem is that you'd probably have have had an overnight (at least) stay at her Majesty's pleasure  ::)
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 08:51:37 pm »
Come and live in the borders Roxy, nothing much ever gets pinched here, I couldn't live somewhere having to watch my back all the time, its like living in the middle of a city.  Not what living in the country should be about.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 09:32:24 pm »
Roxy, how horrible.  Glad your animals are ok but know how you feel.  I had someone break in once and it was the thought of someone going through my home and things that was the worst.  I would certainly push for the CCTV on the road to be checked.

Hope you feel better soon and get your stuff back.   :hug:

smiley bucket

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 09:42:16 pm »
Sorry to hear your news Roxy, theiving scumbags. Post the details on Horse and Hound forum, and as someone already mentioned Dragon Driving is worth watching too. Will keep my eyes peeled down this way *Somerset*, good luck, glad your animals are ok, police are so little help these days, seem to protect the baddies  >:(
Pay our politicians minimum wage and watch how fast things change.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 10:33:38 pm »
:bouquet:
how awful ...

so glad the sheep & goats didn't wander

Little Blue

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 08:02:36 am »
You've just had another theft,-----I nicked your photo and stuck it on Facebook , lots of horsey friends on there to spread the word , make it too hot for the thieving bastards. :rant:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2012, 11:25:08 pm »
 ;D Ah, this theft is fine - thank you!!  I have lots of wonderful people all over the country now, who are spreading the word.  Even if I don't get my stuff back, I want these people caught .....they are probably robbing someone else tonight.  No one should have to go through this ....
Been to Holmfirth horse sale today.  None of my stuff in the auction, and OH had a good look round the car park and in the backs of vans, and trailers ....and we made sure everyone knew what we were looking for. 
We have a horsey car boot/carriage sale coming up soon, near here, so will have to visit there, too.
Well, no sign of the Police, and they are meant to be ringing us this weekend. Oh, but they managed to catch my friend and her daughter on their way to their horses, and fine them £60 each for having no seat belt on ......much easier than looking for thieves.

jonkil

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, 01:41:50 pm »
but they managed to catch my friend and her daughter on their way to their horses, and fine them £60 each for having no seat belt on ......much easier than looking for thieves.

I'm afraid the police are now just uniformed revenue commissioners, more useless than balls on the pope.
This probably was a pikey job, they are skum of this part of the world.
We have now setup a local vigilante network and when a crowd of dirty knackers setup camp locally we railroaded them under threat with a JCB & a few well chosen heavy's.
Police warned us not to be taking the law into our own hands.... they got told in no uncertain terms where to go.
Not tolerating this crap anymore, we're standing up and being counted.

Moderator: 7 day ban for racism. The agreement you signed up to when registering made it clear we don't tolerate racists.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:08:17 pm by Dan »

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2012, 03:12:48 pm »
Your not allowed to call them Pikey or crowd of dirty knackers I'm afriad.

These people have rights.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS