Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Some photos I took last week  (Read 3839 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Some photos I took last week
« on: May 17, 2009, 05:25:40 pm »

The are on top of sherifmuir road lovely but windy place, we promised to take the boys up there so they can play with their cameras/video camera, we took a little picnic up with us and they where has happy as ever . No talk of computers , computer games, or the fact that they enjoyed almost 3 hours without TV!!!

Linz
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 09:10:09 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Some photos I took last week
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 07:24:07 pm »
Beautiful

sunnyjohn

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Milton Keynes
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 08:28:29 pm »
Looks idyllic, Linz. Thanks for sharing.

Doubtless, sceptics would poo-poo the views with grouches about how it looks good on a good day, but when it rains you can't see them, and the work needs doing whether you can see nice scenery or not.... But I do believe that living in a beautiful place does motivate us, and a nice view on a nice day makes up for weeks of rain and cold... and the weather that stops us getting out to do the work outside. Hopefully we can all appreciate good things without too many 'buts'!

Maybe a beautiful environment (both in the micro and macro sense) is one of the reasosns we do what we do? I liked your connection that the kids managed without TV and computers for a few hours, even if you then brought the digital photos indoors and posted them on the internet for us!

Hopefully we can all benefit from what nature, and science, can offer, without screwing up either!

Cheers,

John

Townie

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Fife
    • http://www.townie.wordpress.com
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 08:46:13 pm »
Lovely photo's Linz...

Great landscape, beutiful blue skies and fluffy white clouds  :)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 08:56:08 pm »
I liked your connection that the kids managed without TV and computers for a few hours, even if you then brought the digital photos indoors and posted them on the internet for us!

I like showing off my picture as i always get nice comments ,lol

Their is no point the picture being left on a memory card for no one to see, I love going out and taking photos, Taking about the kids and the computer these are kids that if they come to stay with us not very often as they are so close (about 3 miles away from their home) they must bring their own computers, lol

We are thinking about getting them involved in going out at least once a week (to places like sherifmuir moutain) to get them involved in the 'new family' so they don't feel left out once the baby come along.

My one step son is really in to making films at the moment post them on you-tube (I wont post the link as they are quite rude sometimes, lol a 16 years old ideas !!!) .
It was nice to see the two boys making some 'scenes together'. As they are normally at each other throats.

I would have taken more photos but forgot the other batteries.

The view is of the Wallace monument and stirling castel

Linz

btw i was gona kid on that this was my view from my front window lol but i though i was too vocal on where i lived lol
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:57:49 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Kirkintilloch, NE of Glasgow
    • Calum Morrell Photography
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 09:45:12 pm »
I was in the grounds of Stirling Uni during a break yesterday, sitting in the sun and gazing over the loch to those very hills. How nice to see the reverse view just a day later  ;D

If they're interested in photography/videography, give them all the encouragement you can .. I've got a few friends started and supported a good many more over the years, some of them are now really good in their own right and most still love getting out and shooting when they can. But don't let them anywhere near pro kit .. your bank balance will start to cry instantly  :-X

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 12:17:33 pm »
lol, no our bank balance their mum can deal with that lol

Linz

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 12:32:45 pm »
Well in THAT case... Canon DSLRs are phenomenal beasties, make sure they get a good play in Jessops or Calumet for a while  ;)

sandy

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 02:07:46 pm »
Hi Linz, nice photos, good when it's not raining...I have never been able to put photos on here, only one that was from my daughters camera, they are all too big even after re sizing them, not sure what I am doing AND, has something changed on this site, I am not getting what I use to i.e, updated posts and they seem to be also comming up from the bottom to the top rather than top to the bottom which is the latest post...are you understanding me or have I confused you? I am not on the forum much due to the change, maybe I have done something????? Hope your baby hump is not too uncomfortable ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 03:59:30 pm »
My browser is Mozilla Firefox so if I close it down with tabs open it comes back on that way when next I open it.  So I don't need to look for the new posts on the forum as it opens like that when I open Firefox.  It os free to download, just google firefox.  There may be other browsers that do the same.  I never us Internet Explorer now fro two reasons - A. there are security issues and B it crashes regularly on my machine.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 07:05:17 pm »
I always upload photos to flickrs 1st then added them later to the tas forum with the picture link I don't used the add file option on the forum.

I uses firefox too as i can tweak it to my needs easier than ie or other browsers.

Linz

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 07:45:47 pm »
How on earth did I miss the flickr link in your footer! Just added you as contact Linz :)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 07:58:11 pm »
hehe, if you see something everyday you don't realise it is there.
:)
linz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS