Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: OMG They all got out!!  (Read 2330 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
OMG They all got out!!
« on: September 12, 2012, 02:11:18 pm »
Well,by all I mean the 4 of them.
Because of collecting some hay off a farmers field, I was late getting back for the pigs teas.  Obviously this did not please them.  It was nearly dark  when I got to the field.  I could hear pig noises coming from near the barn, and as I went in the gate, Tinker and Lucy came running to me.  I was more concerned about Mogwai and Lucky.  They are kept separate from the two big girls.  Then Mogwai appeared, and immediately, Lucy the largest pig set about her and butted her in the air.  Then Bertie the old Shetland sheep arrived, and he started butting all three of them.
It was bedlam!!  There was squeaks and squeals, and me yelling at the sheep to leave the pigs alone.  Still no sign of little Lucky - who is tiny still.  I thought Lucy and Tinker had killed her.  Managed to lure two big pigs into their pen, with some nuts, put sheep in the stable, then shone my torch down the field, and shouted Lucky. I was so relieved when she came running. She must have hidden down the field, away from the trouble.  She was absolutely fine.
I think the two big pigs had broken out, and gone round and the two smaller ones had got excited to see them and broke out too.
Not sure what the neighbours thought of the racket - which sounded like 100 pigs were on the loose.  There again, they must be used to my animals antics by now.  Will probably get the council round now testing the noise levels of the pigs ......

HappyHippy

Re: OMG They all got out!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 03:09:08 pm »
Sounds like my house  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Glad wee Lucky is okay  ;) :thumbsup:

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 03:09:26 pm »
Awwww, sorry to hear of fiasco,  but delighted to hear all safe n sound....and it did make me laugh when I read it through and could picture trying desperately to seperate pigs from a butting sheep  :roflanim: :roflanim: and in the near dark too  :pig: :sheep: :pig:
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 03:15:51 pm »
 :D I can laugh now, but at the time it was not so funny .....its not easy in the dark, with just a head torch.  And my main concern was how was I going to explain to Little Blue that her beloved Lucky was dead?!!!
The thing is, the neighbour over the fence grumbles about noise, why he lives in the country is a mystery.  I let the pigs out sometimes, and Lucy was squealing in delight, and jumping round.  He looked over the fence, and it appeared he had never seen a pig having fun, by the look of horror on his face.  Just to make it clear, the pigs are out in the field, not the neighbours garden  ......heaven forbid......!!!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 07:32:06 pm »
 :D :D

Just picturing you & those horrors, in the dark!!   :roflanim:

What little b*ggers they all are... don't know where they get that from!  :innocent:

So glad they all came back, no injuries or anything worse  :o

Give them a love from us, and tell them to behave  :pig:   All laughing out loud here as I've read this...
Little Blue

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 09:19:55 pm »
I remember the first time Mr and mrs Tamworth got out  ::)
I was shopping 18 miles away and my phone rang and when I amswered it one of the neighbours voices said "HAVE YOU LOST ANYTHING "
I sheepishly said errrr No I dont think so
She then said  "YES YOU HAVE "
so I said Ok what have I lost
she said I have  2 pigs digging my back field up 
so all I could say was ohhhh GOD
she says no 2 PIGS
so I rushed home and by the time I got back they where sound  asleep in the stable
They did escape a couple of times after that untill I put clips on the top of the gate hinges to stop them lifting the gate up
Graham

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 09:27:34 pm »
OMG  :roflanim:
It's funny to read but I can hear how stressful it was too  :hug:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 09:42:46 pm »
Oh dear, I so love reading these tales  :roflanim:
I recollect hearing of somebody out in the pitch black, in her nightwear & PREGNANT looking for escaped pigs (I'll mention no names  :innocent:  )
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS