Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Any Suggestions?  (Read 13424 times)

Guy

• Joined Feb 2008
  • East Devon
Re: Any Suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 10:08:47 pm »
well , footballs not my thing - but if they enjoy a run around they would love my dogs - the current game seems to be two dogs wrestling each other then running up and down the fence line whilst the piggies watch, then they stop and the piggies copy what they have seen whilst the dogs look on!!sureal :D :D
relax and enjoy life - let others do the worrying

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 09:26:37 pm »
I don't know if I've posted this before but we bought ours a Snak-a-ball - it's a horse toy that you put food in, and the food drops out in wee bits as the ball is pushed around. The pigs loved it - makes mealtimes last - and the dogs played too!

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 07:57:27 pm »
Give the Mangalitza a go, definatly my favourite, hardy outdoor, friendly and you can teach them oh so many things,like walk to heel etc. maybe thats why here in France my neighbours call them pig dogs!!!!!!

Carole

Guy

• Joined Feb 2008
  • East Devon
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 11:00:32 pm »
weve now got our own snak -a- ball !!! - it does seem to do a good job (until they pushed it against the electrics which caused a few squeels until we released it for them :)

The mangalitza eh? I saw one when i went on my piggie keeping course - quite surreal looking i thought - my oh thought it looked like a slightly strange fluffy dog and was concerned we would get too attached!! :) cute critters though!
relax and enjoy life - let others do the worrying

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 09:13:02 am »
I think the mangalitsas could become the next exotic pets, they have the intelligence of the pig, yet are smaller and more trainable a bit like a dog.  A friend of a colleague has one that is house trained, walks to heel, goes out for walks (they get a special licence) and adores being dried with a hair dryer.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS