Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: For Sale Scots Dumpys - Rare Breed  (Read 2915 times)

mintytwoshoes

• Joined Feb 2012
For Sale Scots Dumpys - Rare Breed
« on: August 23, 2012, 10:30:56 pm »
I have for sale to good homes only: one scots Dumpy cockeral and one scots dumpy hen.  They are related so must not be bred, together. Born 16th April 2012. 
Scots Dumpys are an ancient rare native beed of Scotland and are wonderful birds.  They are one of the rarest British breeds since 1800 .  The breed was re.established in the 70s.  A utility breed, good layers with a thick set appearance and extremely short leg
Both are cuckoo,  they are very friendly being well handled from birth. Are free ranging and have been fed organically since birth.
Only for sale as I am overstocked. Cockeral £10, Hen £20   Location Dundee, Angus.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:41:56 pm by mintytwoshoes »

SouthMains

• Joined Jul 2012
Re: For Sale Scots Dumpys - Rare Breed
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 12:05:10 pm »
when you say " good layers" what sort of number of eggs do you get per bird per year?  We are looking into starting with a  new breed and the scots dumpy is one of the ones that is on our list of possibilities.

mintytwoshoes

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 10:04:52 pm »
Hi,
I have been advised that they are good layers but do not have personal experience, as we hatched these birds ourselves and have not kept our own flock.
Kind regards

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 08:44:08 pm »
hello
I am looking for a cuckoo cockeral. I am in Arbroath,  M
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

mintytwoshoes

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 11:27:58 am »
Hi,
Both the cockerals are cuckoo, one is darker than the other.
We are in Tealing just off the dual carriageway,  you are welcome to come and see them.
Tina

mintytwoshoes

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 11:29:12 am »
Just to say the lighter cockeral was sold this morning to a lovely new home - he is going to join three hens - I am so pleased.  Thank you Moira.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 06:33:07 am »
Hi, Brandy has settled in well, he is so friendly and tame, thankyou M

pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS