Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The Shetland Ferry  (Read 2029 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
The Shetland Ferry
« on: May 16, 2009, 11:05:04 am »
Over the past couple of days my OH made the trip to Shetland to pick up boxes from my mother as she is moving to be near my brother. the trip up on Thursday night was fine but coming back last night was far from it. Force 8 gale, people being sick all over the place. The thing is the boat was busy and not long after leaving Lerwick some young people were getting drunk even after being warned they were in for a rough trip. Now my OH is a good sailor but even he found it hard with all these stupid young woman and men throwing up which was made worse by all the drink they had thrown down their necks. What has happened to common sense . :o

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: The Shetland Ferry
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 11:13:10 am »
I don't think "common sense" exists for a lot of people today. I remember a Ferry Trip across the Channel, many years ago. It was my first and only trip and again we were also warned before we set off that we were in for not a pleasant crossing I think was the description. I think it must be easier on the bigger boats but it was rough and drinking was the last thing on my mind.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: The Shetland Ferry
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 12:29:41 am »
After my daughter got married, John and I went on a  cruise to relax after the trauma  ::)  The Bay of Biscay was reputed to be getting very rough, I was feeling a little queasy so one of the stewards bought me a brandy, then John bought me a second and we retired to bed.  John was a diver so very accustomed to sailing, but even he felt a little ill - in the morning we were across, I had slept right through the whole trip - the Captain had decided to lift the stabilisers and put the foot down.  John said he had felt quite unwell all night, and all I did was lie there comatose and snore! ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS