Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 14 rams next field, when do I 'worry'?  (Read 16824 times)

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
Re: 14 rams next field, when do I 'worry'?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 11:04:41 pm »
Didn't they used to stitch the wool together over the ewes vagina to stop them being tupped, then cut it open when they were to be tupped?
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

kumquat

• Joined May 2012
  • Ruthin, North Wales
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2012, 08:12:55 am »
Just caught up with this thread.... what a laugh, talk about pervy....

Plums, can wait to hear about you buying "ewe panties"...... even better trying to get the ruddy things on them  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:  video please (18 rating....with a cheesy soundtrack  :roflanim: ).
Proud member of the Soay Sheep Society :thumbsup:

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2012, 05:12:57 pm »
Question 14 rams in the next field, when do I worry?

Answer When there are 13 rams in the next field!!! :innocent:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2012, 05:23:12 pm »
Question 14 rams in the next field, when do I worry?

Answer When there are 13 rams in the next field!!! :innocent:

:roflanim:   love it!!  So far rambo's showing no interest in my sheep  :relief:   they are very lazy boys (conserving energy for autumn I presume!!) always asleep (keep thinking they are dead)
[size=78%]  [/size]
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

JMB

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2012, 07:53:03 am »
Very interesting thread.
I actually work in sexual health, so this will just add to my professional standing.
However, I am very concerned that nobody has mentioned condoms for tups.
I don't see why the ewes have to take all the responsibility.
J xxx

robert waddell

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2012, 08:52:33 am »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: condoms for tups  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2012, 09:29:11 am »
:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: condoms for tups  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

I'd have to draw the line at putting them on!!  My SIL also works in Sexual health, maybe I could rope her in for that  ;)

Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2012, 01:44:04 pm »
now fleecwife sheep sex through a fence      that must be getting near the imaculate conception :roflanim: :roflanim:      do tell us more :farmer:

Horrifyingly enough tis true! I have witnessed it myself.
What has been seen, sadly cannot be unseen :tired:
A ewe will back up to a fence where the ram is if she wants him badly enough and if he can get his legs through the fence everything else can line up.....

Like i have always said, where there's a will(y) there's a way.

We need a vomiting icon
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

robert waddell

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2012, 02:22:21 pm »
two types of fencing here  rylock if properly erected is impenetrable    if it is loosly strung betwean posts then maybe   but it would be easier to go under or over  if the fence were that slack

plain wire fences  are alright for cattle but sheep just go through them    again if the fence wires are loose it is easier to go through under or over      high tensile wire fences   now there is a possibility   one thing getting the penis through another getting the legs through    but what about the front shoulders and the head

and as i have said before   both would need to be gouping for it      and the most of the copulation goes unseen either twilight or first thing in the morning :farmer:

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2012, 03:46:15 pm »
Inpenetrable??
Neither a ram's legs nor his penis are bigger than the gaps in sheep fencing regardless of how tightly strung.
It didn't look comfortable (head flung back and front legs on the the fence) and could have been downright dangerous but he got his quick jump in and was away in  moments. The ewe was also looking very pleased with herself.
This was sheep netting, don't know what brand strung tightly between wooden posts.
Neither shoulders nor head were through the fence, and I dare say unless the ewe had been the slapper she was 99.999999999999% of the time he wouldn't have managed anything but this time he did and I was there to witness it, mores the pity. He was a young ram though so probably bendier than most.  :-J
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 03:56:48 pm »
All this talk of unseen bonking has me really worried now!!  No wonder they all look like they are fast asleep on the ram's side and my ewes are increasingly smug - they've been at it for hours while I'm fast a kippy. Oh well...we shall see in about 5 months time...........

robert waddell

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 04:35:38 pm »
this gets more impossible the longer it goes on   that young tup would need to be standing on its hind legs in a vertical plane   and can balance  in this vertical plane    the penis being bendier   i have heard of them being broken  esp in bulls   but never witnessed this    more to the point did that ewe or sheep slapper  conceive to that tup on that date :farmer:

RaisinHall Tamworths

• Joined May 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 07:29:56 pm »
Robert my love just because you havent had it happen doesnt mean it isn't possible. No it isn't normal everyday way for sheep to mate but we have had it and it happened the same way as has been described. Ewes that are gagging for it can be determined little buggers to have it. It was my mother in laws ewe who lambed and it was definately at that service because they were moved after it happened into a field that tups couldnt get to.
After a pint or two at Wesrmorland I'll convince you its true  ;D

robert waddell

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 07:39:20 pm »
this i am looking forward to  Jodie    angles heights and  stance   will all be discussed  :roflanim:

RaisinHall Tamworths

• Joined May 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2012, 09:38:27 pm »
I dont know if stuart has ever told you i am always right  ;D. More so with enough drink. I will bring you a drawn diagram with angles and measurements  :D. See you there  :-*

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS