Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pig rolled over!  (Read 2402 times)

secuono

• Joined Aug 2012
Pig rolled over!
« on: September 05, 2012, 04:58:25 pm »
My pig rolled over for me today!!
The other day, he did it, too, but then he popped back up.
But this morning, I was scratching him and he plopped over and was nice and calm! He nearly rolled all the way over, it was so cute!
=D
How are pigs so oddly comfortable rolling around like that, but won't just stand still near me..?

secuono

• Joined Aug 2012
Re: Pig rolled over!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:55:53 pm »

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 11:51:59 am »
Ah cute, looks lovely and green where you are, very English looking countryside, supposed we're just used to seeing John Wayne Country! ;D
mandy :pig:

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 01:43:40 pm »
So cute  :thumbsup:

You'll find as they get more used to you they'll lie for ages getting a belly rub - all our Kunekunes do  ;)

I notice the pink fella has a metal ear tag in his ear - just keep an eye on that as he grows incase it begins to cut into the ear or cause a problem. If it happened to fall out (but don't try to take it out - it'll destroy any trust he has in you for one thing) I wouldn't rush to replace it, unless you can get the little round tags that go further into the ear.
Karen  :wave:

secuono

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 02:17:45 pm »
Yea, I don't have anything that will cut such thin wire, so I can't remove it. The tag's made itself a 1/2in hole, so right now, it moves freely. I don't like the tags, only tag my sheep when they leave the farm, as required by law.

I've got too much green and not enough critters eating it up, lol.

It's still so strange for me to see a pig just flop over like that...

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 06:34:46 pm »
Very cute. I love doing belly rubs and mine are massive now and still love a good belly rub ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS