Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Busman's holiday, it was....  (Read 2433 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Busman's holiday, it was....
« on: September 03, 2012, 03:41:35 pm »
I'm back. Shattered with copious amounts of soggy washing to look forward to.

Went to the Dinosaur park (again!!) and The Big Sheep (again!) love them both - always find myself surrounded by animals wherever we go  :thumbsup:   Learnt loads about sheep and enjoyed time with a litter of 2 Border Collie pups, there was only 1 left when we went home. They were gorgeous.

Highly recommend visit to Big Sheep if you've not been and you are down there on holidays  :thumbsup:

Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Bumblebear

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Norfolk
    • http://southwellski.blogspot.co.uk/
Re: Busman's holiday, it was....
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 03:55:21 pm »
Is that the Big Sheep in Devon?  I went there years ago when mine were little (now 22 and 23!); I think I remember the Dinosaur park and isn't there a gnome thing too?

deepinthewoods

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 03:57:12 pm »
welcome home plums! :tree:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 03:58:12 pm »
And you definitely did not bring a border collie pup back with you?  I thought your girls may have smuggled one in the car :D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 04:02:02 pm »
 ;D   Good to be back - I get TAS withdrawal symptoms!

Big Sheep in Devon - that's the one. Brilliant place, we all love it there. Not surprisingly my girls weren't too keen on bottle feeding lambs etc ( I think they were relieved to turn ours out in the field this spring and store the bottles away for ages!) but there is so much to do and its great value.
Dinosaur park is the one with the gnome thing - you go on a train which "breaks down" next the gold mine and then the water gushes down and soaks you  :raining:   I planted my poor old dad just in the right s pot for that and also for the spitting dinosaur  :roflanim: [size=78%]  [/size]

Oh, Roxy - the temptation was so great to bring the lonely little one back!! but no, we've said no dogs for a while. Once the girls are older and once I have done as much research as possible we will have one though. Loved, loved, loved the sheep dog training demonstration there, was transfixed watching them work. The sheering was good too but not as good as Philip, the singing shearer obviously  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 04:02:28 pm »
Oops, I meant *shearing* obviously!!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 06:53:34 pm »
Glad you had a great time  :thumbsup: I thought you'd brought back one of those puppies too when I read it first  :D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 08:08:02 pm »
The temptation was HUGE but being the sensible girl I am, I managed to battle it and come away empty handed  ;)   They sell toy collie pups in gift shop -hopefully most people would buy one of them and not be too tempted for a purchase on a whim/ I'm sure Big Sheep has procedures in place for good homes  :fc:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 08:13:35 pm »
It is much more sensible to pick the time and dog - far more likely to work out well  :-*

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 08:54:49 pm »
 :wave: welcome back, glad you had a good time.

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 08:55:16 pm »
Glad to hear you had a good time despite returning with the soggy washing - a sure sign fun was had! :)
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 10:21:33 pm »
Welcme back, Plums.  Glad you had a good time.  At least we should have some good weather for you to be able to get the washing dry.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS