Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Horns and Fencing Issues  (Read 7672 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Horns and Fencing Issues
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 10:58:09 pm »
We have stock proof/sheep fencing on post and rail and then 2 levels of electric strips. One above and one along about shoulder height on our 5 month old kid.
While we've been away the little sod darling has disconnected the red bulldog clip bit with his mouth and got into the habit of sucking (!) the electric fence. I am a wicked person, today I reconnected it and waited.... :innocent:

Don't keep us in suspense.  What happened?

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 10:59:22 pm »
Hmmm, me thinks my neighbour might not be impressed if I spray the edge of his field!! Mind you it might be worth the risk rather than worry about his unruly alsations killing my poor goats if they can't free themselves.

I am going to try electric first.  They haven't done it since I stuck pipe on...and it fell off, but then I have restricted their access. Another job for the weekend.

...and plumseverywhere you are wicked!! What happened?  Mine touched the electric last week and I think the whole village heard them scream.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 07:07:59 am »
He made a noise not dis-similar to a duck and ran.  Only problem was, when I went back for 'Willow- time' he thought I was just trying to trick him again and it took some luring  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS