Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi Tasers,I'm home again!  (Read 5384 times)

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Hi Tasers,I'm home again!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 08:13:03 pm »
 :wave:  Welcome back and sorry for your loss  :bouquet:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 11:35:29 pm »
So sorry to hear of your loss and wish I could say something to make it hurt less.   :hug: :hug: :hug:   It will take time and I don't think you ever get over such a major loss.  You just learn to live without the person you love.  Meanwhile, as others have said, don't rush into making any decisions.  It's far too soon.  Give yourself a year or more, then do what feels right for you.   :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet:

Mel

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 08:42:50 am »
Thank you everyone for your kind words. :hug:

I am already going through the phone syndrome,must speak to Mum about it,all of this happened so quickly,over two months.  :'( Mum seemed to go downhill rapidly after chemo and radiotherapy,it was really shocking the severity of the treatment.Earlier in the year,people would say-your Mum looks very young for her age. :-\

After the first treatment,she looked like a really frail elderly lady,such a drastic change,*sigh*,I have been reading the e-mails and listening to the answer phone messages.Makes you see that life is precious,being here and gone in a flash,just like that.

My Gran passed away earlier this year too,I think that also had a major effect on Mum,and my real Dad 2 years ago,it is really sad losing everyone in such a short time. :(

Today is another day,and a nice one,I have chicks just hatched,chicks at 12 and 18 weeks of age,am having a major war against the worst red mite infestation I have ever seen-one the one and only hut I have not creosoted-that stuff does work.The sun is shining and everything is in it's place on the smallholding. Tomatoes have gone rife,I cannot sell them fast enough-two greenhouses full,new potatoes are first class,all my veg has done really well after such a bad start.I just wish I could share it with my parents :'(

Oh,well,I have to tackle the world of weeds today,at least I have all of this to take my mind of off things.Thank heaven I have the smallholding,and it is nice to know I am not alone and have such lovely support from you all.xx

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 10:31:19 pm »
The smallholding will help and we are always here for you.  Hope you're having the  :sunshine: that so many of us are getting.  Nothing seems quite so bad when the sun shines.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS