Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lucy still acting strange  (Read 1164 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Lucy still acting strange
« on: August 31, 2012, 12:26:04 am »
She perked up for a few days, eating ok, and coming outside.  A couple of days back she did not come out of the ark. I crawled in for a look and she was fast asleep.  Tried her with all sorts of nice food, but turned her nose up.  Seen her outside a couple of times, having a wee and a drink of water, but not touching any food.  Tinker was scoffing the lot.
Tried her with everything ......but nothing interested her.  Tonight,I crawled in with yet more goodies - bread, apples and juicy pears.  Woke her up, and she scoffed the lot!!  Rushed out and got some pig nuts, and she ate those too.
Cannot work out what is the matter, and why she is going off her food every few days.  But, Tinker is the bossier of the two, and I am wondering if they have had a fight or something? Would split them up, but then they would not be happy?

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: Lucy still acting strange
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 09:28:04 am »
Has she been in season? i have one sow that goes off her food a bit and is very quiet, whilst the other one turns into a gannet and a noisy monster!
Might be worth staying and watching at meal times to see if theres some bullying going on and Lucy needs some guarding so she can eat in peace?
HTH
mandy  :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS