Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Back 2 School  (Read 5593 times)

heidih

• Joined Aug 2012
  • walsall
Re: Back 2 School
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 01:27:37 pm »
A new set of challenges for us in some ways  :-\   My eldest starts 'middle school' and she's very excited about the tie, blazer, rugby lessons and bunsen burners but a) it means getting her to the meeting point at 8.05am whilst still getting the 3 little ones sorted too but b) she'll be reunited with some of the kids that bullied her and who were one of the reasons we changed first school. She seems cool with it all but mummy's quite worried  :(
On the plus side, she's back with her best friend EVER (apparently) Jimmy - and he'll stick by her.

Will miss having them around but they are desperate to go back to see their friends and as they had only been at the new school 1 and a 1/2 terms its all still very exciting
aww arent some children cruel!?...i had my teenager bullied on facebook and school and our local area...i was a wreck..had to get police involved..thankfully she fine now but me "mom" wont forget that time..
The girl involved apologised to me recently for it and i told her before i accept i want u to listen to me, i told her the effect it had on my daughter and the whole family!..she was so remorseful...terrible time that was...my daughter coming home weak to the legs hysterical with nerves.. :gloomy:
mom of 3 daughters. and a stepson, partner of carl and mommy to 2 nanny goats , 10 chooks. 4 ducks. 2 cats and 2 rabbits with their 7 babies, support worker in CRITICAL CARE and craft maker .:)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 10:06:19 pm »
One of my granddaughters is due to start senior school this year.  She got into her first choice of school but was upset because none of her friends did.  The school had a wonderful scheme whereby the first week of the summer holiday they had a week of events for girls due to start there in September.  There were lots of activities and now she knows lots of people who will be in her class.  So much better for her and the others than letting them worry though the six weeks.

Only disappointment was that we always have her and her big brother for a week in the summer as my daughter and her partner both work.  Our grandson, at 15, is too old to stay with Grandma now and is old enough to be at home on his own so it was just going to be Meg and I was looking forward to some quality time with her but the activity week at school coincided with the week she was due to us.  The rest of the summer was already booked with visits to her other grandparents, holiday with their dad and holiday with their mum.

heidih

• Joined Aug 2012
  • walsall
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 10:13:31 am »
Aww MGM..that sounds great at the school..what a brill idea!..we dont have anything like that..i remember how scared i was going to big school..how sad you missed having your grandaughter ,  bet you was really dissapointed..my mom loves having my girls..she finds it bit hard as they teenagers now and dont always want to go...(as they dont) ....because she used to help out when i was working..xxxx
mom of 3 daughters. and a stepson, partner of carl and mommy to 2 nanny goats , 10 chooks. 4 ducks. 2 cats and 2 rabbits with their 7 babies, support worker in CRITICAL CARE and craft maker .:)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS