Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: At it again!!  (Read 2306 times)

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
At it again!!
« on: May 14, 2009, 02:23:44 pm »
Weaned my piglets from mum on saturday taking her up to the barn for few days, noticed signs of coming back on heat on tues so moved her back to the paddock with our young 8mth old boar. Gave them their tea and came indoors to have ours, less than 5 mins of being together they were going at it great guns :pig:    and have been ever since, they are so loved up, nibbling and nuzzling eachother, no squabbling over food (in fact they hadn't even eaten their tea before they got down to business :o)!  and I was wondering if he was ready yet!!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: At it again!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 05:28:44 pm »
We borrowed a really nice boar for Edwina, introduced them, expecting hearts and flowers and next minute saw him trotting down the road in the direction of home.  Edwina is usually so docile, its Hilary who goes in for the cavewoman greetings.  Not sure if I need to buy him a bottle of aftershave or a suit of armour!

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 12:12:09 pm »
Hi Dixi,
A young boar is sexually mature at 7 months, so don't worry just let nature take its course; if he fails to get her pregnant this time around he probably will succeed next time - good luck

Farmer

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 12:25:23 pm »
Oh I'm not worried, am really please they are so in lurv!! i wasn't sure if he'd be firing on all cylinders so to speak!! but so far so good! 3 weeks time and we will see! ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS