Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dartmoor Greyface ram loan wanted - south of england  (Read 3627 times)

MelsMum

• Joined Aug 2012
Dartmoor Greyface ram loan wanted - south of england
« on: August 25, 2012, 05:15:34 pm »
Delighted to see there are other Dartmoor Greyface Sheep owners on this website and hoping that one of you might have a young DGF ram to loan us this autumn?  We have 3 very happy and contented ewes and would really like to breed from them to build up a nice little flock.  :sheep:

Hazelwood Flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Dorset.
Re: Dartmoor Greyface ram loan wanted - south of england
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:32:42 pm »
Hi  :wave:
Where abouts are you and what bloodline do you have/want? may be able to help :)
Not every day is baaaaaad!
Pedigree Greyface Dartmoor sheep.

MelsMum

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 05:48:14 pm »
Hi, we are just outside Winchester in Hampshire.  Not sure about bloodline - they were bought from Salisbury market advertised as Greyface Dartmoor shearlings and apparently originated from a rare breeds farm.  they are tagged, of course, but no paperwork came with them.  Have been in touch with GDBS and the secretary said he would look into their breeding for us but had no reply as yet.

This is our first venture into sheep keeping so apologies if we sound a little vague!  We just love the breed and really want to build up a small flock of purebred stock.  Would really welcome any input you can give us - even a visit to see your stock and have a chat?  Much appreciated.

plt102

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 02:34:23 pm »
If Hazelwood can't help you, we have a ram who could have a holiday depending on timing. If not we have a ram lamb from this year who might be suitable but he needs to be inspected first. Good luck! GFD's are awesome!

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 03:03:07 pm »
Hi MelsMum
Can't help you with the ram but nice to see someone else from the south joining. We are in Lymington and we often go to Salisbury market. Hope you find your ram.

Hazelwood Flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Dorset.
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 08:54:16 pm »
I am in Dorset, so a little way from you but you are more than welcome to visit my flock if you fancy a day out! I will be exhibiting at Newbury show on the 16th sept so look out for us if you're going there!

plt102

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 06:37:04 am »
Hazlewood, would love to come to the Newbury show. Would it be too late to enter a ram into the show do you think? Is there a livestock sale there? I've never been before. P

Hazelwood Flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Dorset.
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 10:01:45 pm »
Sadly it's too late to enter, it is just a show for exhibiting stock but some exhibitors may have some for sale privately. We are there on sunday, and have never been before so could be interesting! Going to be an early start.... :tired:

plt102

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 07:11:01 am »
Ah ok, well I might see you there! Xxx

Hazelwood Flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Dorset.
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 10:27:30 pm »
Anyone else looking for GFD rams there is a rare breed sale at Sedgemoor market (Bridgwater) tomorrow and a few rams are entered. My 2 ewes are the only GFD females at the sale, so hopefully will be hot property! Showing is at 9am, sheep are sold at 1pm.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS