Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Honey  (Read 4032 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Honey
« on: August 23, 2012, 02:56:48 pm »
We bought a nucleus from someone at the bee club a couple of months ago and despite the horrible weather we harvested 14 pounds of honey yesterday.  Compared to what other members have it might not seem much but its our first ever honey so we are well pleased.  :excited:
The clubs honey show is on bank holiday monday and they have encouraged OH to show a frame of comb as it looks pretty good.
I will take some pics and let you know after the show how he got on.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
Re: Honey
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 05:56:23 pm »
Very jealous! Well done  ;D ;D

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 07:01:42 pm »
Well done indeed  :thumbsup: Bet it's lovely  :yum:
You know, if you fancied a wee trip to Scotland in September the Smallholder Festival 'Crafts & Produce Competition' has a whole honey section you could enter  ;D
I'd love bees, but am allergic to their stings  :( There are so many things I could do with beeswax, royal jelly and honey too  :innocent: Might try and talk Bruce into becoming a beekeeper  :eyelashes: ;)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 08:32:30 pm »
I would love to come to the Scottish show but it is a wee bit too far.  I am going to make some lip balm with the bees wax.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 08:33:47 pm »
I'm also jealous but going in again at the weekend after a fortnight away so maybe they have stopped eating it and there will be a bit of honey for me.

Congratulations, it's a great feeling, isn't it.

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 09:17:24 pm »
Lucky you! 

My bees simply are not theiving, or producing.  Had a bit of honey, then gone a couple of weeks later as they usedit as food.  Still, not relly doing it for the honey - good job really!  :bee:  :bee:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS