Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Searching for service ram for tupping small flock  (Read 2203 times)

Joanner

• Joined Aug 2012
Searching for service ram for tupping small flock
« on: August 22, 2012, 02:26:17 pm »
Looking for a ram to tup our flock of five ewes (2x Jacobs, 2 x Dartmoor and 1 x herdwick) from mid to the end of september to november. This is in the Bristol/somerset area. We are very happy to pay a service charge and are looking for a healthy ram who can come and live with our flock for this duration. He will be well looked after and will be kept at high welfare standards on our community farm.

He will have access to large areas of grazing daily, and run with the flock continusely.

If you can help please do contact us here.

Many thanks.

Mallows Flock

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Shepton mallet
    • Somerset Pet Sitting and Dog Walking
Re: Searching for service ram for tupping small flock
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 11:21:44 pm »
Gimme a yell after 9th September... i may be able to help you out with a Shetland ram! I am in Somerset!
Lisa x
From 3 to 30 and still flocking up!

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 09:21:21 am »
I can sell you a Black Welsh Mountain ram lamb. Cardiff area.

If I were you I'd think about what breed of ram you want to tup your ewes with and then approach the appropriate breed society who will most likely be able to point you in the direction of someone closer to you who would loan or sell you a ram.

Dougal

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Port O' Menteith, Stirlingshire
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 12:57:22 am »
Have you though of buying an aged ram out of the culls at the local mart. Most of those old boys will easy cover 5 ew es. Once you've used him stick him back in the mart and you'll get your money back.

It's always worse for someone else, so get your moaning done before they start using up all the available symathy!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS