Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Animal Aunts in Fife  (Read 3525 times)

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Animal Aunts in Fife
« on: August 22, 2012, 01:57:45 pm »
Hi,

my sister has just moved up to scotland along with her horse to start a new life with her fiance on his cattle farm in Fife.
She was hoping to come back down to Yorkshire to visit us in Sept but dosent have anyone to look after her horse while she is away.
Have any of you used Animal Aunts in this area? Can you recomend them? They also have dogs and farm cats as well as cattle so ideally the "Aunt" would look after them as well.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Re: Animal Aunts in Fife
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 08:09:54 pm »
That may be an expensive option, why not contact a livery yard and see if there is someone there who would do it.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 10:05:50 pm »
or ask on (sorry to mention it again) facebook page HorseystuffforsaleinScotland - free and there are quite a lot of Fifers on there who could reecommend someone (some horsesitters advertise on it too but cant remember if any are in Fife).
Advantage of one doing it as proper business is they would be insured, so that would be the ideal. But unless you need house sitting in too, Animal Aunts might be overkill.
Just for reference/info, my horsesitter (aberdeenshire) charges £15 per hour plus travel (she is quick so it doesnt cost too much), she is a proper business, insured etc. She deals with the dogs, sheep etc as well.

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 07:55:10 pm »
A house sitter would be good for the dog, cats and horse as well as just having a presence on the farm especially when they go to Canada for 3 weeks at a time :D
There is a livery yard near by so that could be an option. I will tell her about the face book source and the cost of your horsey carer. Thanks :horse: ;D

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 02:29:48 pm »
what about asking some of the fifers on here - EllieD might be a good start.

i am in fife, and could offer to help, but i have limited experience with horses - though am not stupid and pick things up easily.
i am also back on a college schedual again.
im sure there is an animal sitter on here based near st andrews (fife) geebee i think

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 12:49:17 pm »
Thanks Cameron,
                          they live in Crail (not sure how you spell it?) so It would either need to be someone living in or or someone local who could call in a couple of times a day.
                  I will have a look on the member map.

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 11:38:09 pm »
did you manage?

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 06:33:37 pm »
Wrong side of Fife for me sorry, but hope you get the help you need.  I'd gladly help out more locally but I'm in north Fife near Newburgh and I can't afford diesel/time involved in getting to somewhere that far :(
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 07:12:09 pm »
Thanks,

I think she wants someone who can stay over and house sit ideally so they probably need to go down the animal aunts route I think.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS