Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel - Carlisle area  (Read 2769 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel - Carlisle area
« on: June 13, 2012, 01:10:07 pm »
I usually have a reasonably-priced working secondhand Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel (or two  ::)) for sale - I buy up old ones of dubious capability (usually they'll have been in a loft for 15 years, or been an ornament for 25), sort them out and re-sell them.  I spin myself, so can vouch for their working properly when I sell them on.

I don't charge a fortune, just enough to recover my costs and a bit of pocket money for my time, travel, oil, fishing line, WD-40, string, wax, saddlesoap and any other bits and bobs that were needed!

I can sometimes arrange delivery in different places, or we might be able to arrange a lift with a TASer, or I could dismantle and pack for courier if you are happy to reassemble your end.

PM me through here if you are in need of one.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

jumbo782

• Joined Aug 2012
Re: Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel - Northamptonshire (Near Kettering)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 02:12:39 pm »
Hi

I am a novice spinner and looking to buy a spinning wheel (not too expensive)!  I have been told that ashford traditional wheels are good for beginners.

I live near Kettering, Northamptonshire.  Have you any good condition, working wheels available and would you be able to arrange delivery?  Could you give me some figures please.

Thanks

Carol

tobytoby

• Joined May 2011
  • north ayrshire
Re: Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel - Carlisle area
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 04:55:06 pm »
Sally,
I stay in Glasgow, but i am usually in Dalston 1 day a week and could probably piggyback one up the road for you if the buter can meet up on route?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel - Carlisle area
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 09:29:43 pm »
Hello jumbo782  :wave:

At this precise moment I do not have a wheel I can definitely sell; one has just gone out on sale-or-return loan, another may become available but is in use at the moment.

There was a Traddy for sale in Norfolk, advertised on Ravelry; I just went to see if that was still available but it's been sold.

There's one not been selling on eBay, seller says s/he can deliver anywhere between Kent and Cambridge.  S/he's asking quite a bit of money, but it was his/her mother's wheel, comes with lazy kate and some wool - Traddys from spinning homes do tend to fetch quite a bit more than those of uncertain history - but buyers don't like high starting prices, which I would suspect is why this one hasn't sold.  Might be worth a message to the seller to see if it's still available and what s/he'd accept for it.

Sorry I can't be more help at the moment; I will update here when I have one available. 

Best of luck!

Cheers
Sally
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS