Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New Life  (Read 9453 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
New Life
« on: May 11, 2009, 03:43:39 pm »
Much excitement here now. My niece is in early stages of labour, a few days early. After the most appauling 2 years she has had at last some good news.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: New Life
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 03:52:53 pm »
Exciting news, James. ;D  Hope all goes well.  My own niece-in-law has just had a second baby girl naturally following a caesar for the first one.  We are so relieved that it went well this time. ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 04:03:22 pm »
You will make a wounderful Uncle James!!! I bet you will be straight out to the shops buying baby gifts!!!!! :bouquet:

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 07:14:50 pm »
Great news James  ;D
Now that my wee one's a whole 11 days old, the only advice I can give you to give her is SLEEP WHEN THE BABY SLEEPS !!! It's 4 years since my last baby and you forget/block out what sleep deprivation does to you !  :o  :o   :o

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 07:24:05 pm »
shhhhhhhhhh................... don't tell me that NOW!!!!!

4/5 months to go

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 07:53:32 pm »
Congratulations, Uncle James!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 10:53:54 pm »
Linzi, my niece,  gave birth to a wee girl 10 minutes ago. Both are doing well and my sister is high as a kite(first grand child). When she phoned to tell me the baby was just seconds old so there was no weight as yet but they are calling her Nheive (no idea on the spelling). I am a great Uncle now and almost as high as my sister!!!

sandy

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 10:56:54 pm »
Congratulations and celebrations...Ops, not a Cliffe fan! She will love visiting her Uncle with all those animals!!! :D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 07:57:20 am »
Wonderful news.  So pleased for you all especially for your niece.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 10:50:12 am »
Thanks evryone for their kind wishes. Niamh was 7lb 14 ounces and has been good as gold. She still has not fed from her mum so as soon as she starts that she will be just perfect. Linzi is doing well but obvioulsy anxious that she hasn't fed yet.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 10:20:43 pm »
Congratulations, Unc James, and to the young mum of course! Hope the new girl has started feeding alright and your niece didn't get worked on to use the bottle instead (happened to me but that was so long ago now - feels like yesterday)! All the best from us! :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 10:24:46 pm »
I agree - 38 years ago my daughter was taken to the nursery when she was born and they forgot to bring her back to feed - someone made a mistake and gave her a bottle.  But when I asked for her they brought her back and she started feeding fine.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 10:27:35 pm »
Well the latest news from my niece is that Niamh took a very small drink an hour ago (from her mother and not the bottle) but didn't really know what to do and couldn't be bothered finding out - all she wanted to do was get back to sleep. What a wee madam she is.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 11:09:17 pm »
my first born was the same. some babies are just tired I think, can't blame them! I was worried for years that she didn't drink enough and now she eats for 2 ! Hope Niamh going to be fine tomorrow. :&>

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 08:45:56 am »
She is now bottle feeding. Not drinking huge amounts but at least she is now drinking. I think they should get out of the hospital later today.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS